1. Philippe Dumez's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Comme dans les oeuvre de Ulrich Seidl - même sl le registre est très différent - il est difficile de savoir où s'arrête le documentaire et où commence la fiction. Si j'avais acheté un DVD, j'aurai aimé prendre connaissance de l'interview du réalisateur pour savoir quelle était son intention.

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

3. Dogville59's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Docum-drama but more documentary than drama. A real inside look at a Christian fundamentalist farming community and some of its residents in Texas. Kind of scary but I spent my summers with rough tough people and we were friends so it can be survived even if one is not rough tough. I thought the director portrayed well the level of religiosity of these people and left it up to us to decide if it was stifling or not.

4. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

<3 That camera work.. makes a much more intimate and real feel.

5. captainfez's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

The goats understand as much of this film as I do.

6. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Ultimately this film is dodgy, in the sense that it so artfully blurs the line between documentary and fiction that one is inevitably distracted from the ghastliness of these gun-toting fundamentalists who happily employ their children as unpaid farmhands by the charming Romeo and Juliet aspect. Reading interviews with the director, he is clearly too excited about mingling with such "interesting" folks.

7. Alon's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

8. Hillary Knowles's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

I wasn't sure what to expect going into this. But the synopsis is a bit misleading. There is no budding teenage romance. More just a look at two side of country TX Christianity. I'm not sure why, but even though nothing seemed to happen in the movie, I couldn't stop watching it...

9. Kerem Sadi Ekiz's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

A real beauty in its' own way. Refreshing to see these kind of movies are still being made.

10. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

sometimes you can observe people's unhappiness when they perform their daily work,. everything that she could live was in this small town predetermined,that explains why she bored.Also it is so natural as much as possible...

11. Mal Smith's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

"Lights, Camera,...". Montervini forgot to add "Action". It provides a cliched impression view of what art house movies are "really like". It's everyday, mundane reality well filmed, but there is no drama. The cute people and animals kept me watching, but I was bored throughout.

12. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Quietly astonishing, very slow but it sort of needs to be, brave enough to show a life very challenging for most Britons, beautiful and unique. And I never realised it rains so much in Texas!

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Another intimate and simple portrayal of adolescence. What I like most is the intimacy that Minervini gets with his actors, he details the minutaie of life so well

14. Elisavet's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Loved the film. Capturing life as it happens, and letting Sara's questioning unfold without imposing any agenda, from the side of the director. Tensions between her belief system and the need to understand life beyond such boundaries are subtle, yet extremely powerful

15. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

His films all seem to have really beautiful endings.

16. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

17. Oneb's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Not really about film, or acting, but life itself. Marvellous.

18. alimcintyre's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Thoughtful portrayal of life on a Texan goat farm. No discernible plot or script and long periods of silence punctuated by moo-ing, bleating and barking. About 30 minutes too long for my taste. In the final analysis, nothing happens.

19. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Another great film from Minervini. Quiet, understated, natural, gentle and strong. Real people (and goats, chickens and steers) doing what they do. Lovely.

20. matt powell's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Alarmingly real with moments of beauty particularly the birth scene and an interesting insight into the mechanisms which hold a deeply religious family together. However was long and heavy going and hard to empathise with this young woman's angst, so was a little saddle sore myself come the end

21. Renz nd MZV's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Interesting film, some great shots and essentially a very good ethnographic portrait.

22. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

As close as you can get to spending a few weeks in some people's lives without spending a few weeks in some people's lives.

23. Nick Stamp's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Personally prefer Menervini's other two films over this one. Cinematography is fantastic and paints a realistic view of the characters lifestyles. Love the raw aesthetic of Menervini's films, they meander along and seem to go nowhere but still manage to hold your attention. Great trilogy.

24. kris's rating of the film Stop the Pounding Heart

Roberto Minervini directs this Honest, beautiful film. The realism and heart within the cast draws you in to their world. Sara a young christian girl is doing her best while finding herself along the way.