1. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Stories We Tell

This films walks the thin line between documentary and fiction and it never feels fabricated. It starts slow, but little by little pulls you in. It feels more like a storytelling that a documentary. Excellent use of the super-8 films.

2. wu.meaningless's rating of the film Stories We Tell

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Stories We Tell

This is about something I think about a lot: the malleability of memory of the presence and confrontations between individual truths, which negate the idea of a universal truth.

4. Chichago_'s rating of the film Stories We Tell

It fascinates me how a story will always have many perspectives; depends on whom tells it.

5. James Mackin's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Subjectivity: the narrative experience.

6. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Spiral of events in the lives of Sarah Polley and her family unraveled through a beautifully reckoned narrative, in which the family's secrets are revealed by it's members and friends. Funny and deeply moving, it could've easily been perceived as ordinary and invasive if it wasn't for Polley's amazing ability to guide us along this journey with such respect and admiration for each character and storyteller.

7. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Stories We Tell

too subjective/melodramatic/amateurish talking-heads family docu-story, though some late truths down that memory road turn out to be profound

8. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Stories We Tell

such a lovely way of accepting life, really

9. muh.'s rating of the film Stories We Tell

loved the way the story was told because it made you feel as if you were at their family's get-together when someone drops the "hey, remember that time when...." line.

10. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Stories We Tell

VERY interesting concept, Outstanding narrative structure.

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Sarah Polley, this is wonderful.

12. pietroz's rating of the film Stories We Tell

13. Adriana's rating of the film Stories We Tell

more than a story; real in the best way possible

14. Ray Kril's rating of the film Stories We Tell

great documentary story telling ...

15. film_lies101's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Loved it, an absolute masterpiece!

16. Jessica Venturelli's rating of the film Stories We Tell

17. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Stories We Tell

18. Dzernera's rating of the film Stories We Tell

One of the most interesting interpretations of story-telling I've seen in a while. As much as it would seem too personal & uncomfortable for some to watch, at the end it turns out to be not only a story of a certain family but a story of various sides of truth, of memories we keep & deal with throughout our lives & the ways we decide to capture even the most bitter of the moments. Something everyone can relate to.

19. correy baldwin's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Smart and well-constructed. Sarah Polley brings fine filmmaking and storytelling skills to this personal doc.

20. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Wow. I'm very, very impressed with this film, even in it's tiny flaws. It's not perfect, but it is. Polley masterfully executes a thought provoking way to tell a story that could've easily be perceived as merely ego trip.

21. Eka Vakri Riski's rating of the film Stories We Tell

i find it very personal. and so interesting because not much Polley response about it, it moving me in different way. and the last scene is very funny for me

22. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Stories We Tell

23. Diana Vaz's rating of the film Stories We Tell

"I think one person loves the other person more, but hopefully it's close and hopefully it goes up and down a little bit, you know? But it seems to me you never can both equally love each other the same amount. It's unfortunate, but it's just sort of a fact of life." - "Love is so short, forgetting is so long"

24. Thomas Frovin's rating of the film Stories We Tell

Subversive, yet classical; haunting, yet mundane - Polley manages to capture the essence of what growing up is like with very simple takes. The cinematic "revelation" is quietly stunning and thoughtprovoking. A fine film.