1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

>>> Une oeuvre fondamentale du cinéma muet soviétique... www.cinefiches.com

3. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Its not a bolshevik film if it doesn't slander the capitalist or religion and in this case it happens to be Buddhism. Which surprised me a little. Were the Mongols considered in the Soviet system as presented here? Or just pure propaganda.

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

5/10 (version de 2h07) à voir la version de 1h16, la vraie quoi!

5. Dmytro Zheludenko's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Can`t find any info about music score. It`s really amazing!

6. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

There's an episode which joins beautifully the face and the landscape. Then there's a mock on religion that at the same time seems fascinated with its rituals. Finally, some of the weirdest alternate editing sequences I've seen precede a "clockwork-orangey" political satiral. The culmination of it all is a leap from specific action to abstract historical force. Amazing.

7. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Ethnographically fascinating; politically weird. Intense central performance, and some very good supporting ones. Grown-up by comparison with, say, D. W. Griffith.

8. Roman's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

The Greatest movie of 20th century! Nothing change after 100 years in our world)

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

"O, my People! Rise in your ancient strength and free yourself!" Glorious, if historically imaginative, piece of Soviet cinema. Every shot is spectacular, as are the powerful, occasionally even scathing, montages, and brilliant, gut-punching imagery. Plus beautiful footage of early 20th century Mongolia. Death to the capitalist, imperialist pig-dogs!

10. msmichel's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Essential silent cinema from director Vsevolod Pudovkin that stands as a testament to early Soviet cinema and near rivals Eisenstein with its use of editing technique. Memorable cinematography from Anatoli Golovnya with many striking images and impressive scope. An under sung gem

11. ArmandS's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

While it takes some time, the denouement is worth it, both for the way it wraps up the story and the compelling editing and style of it all in the end. Seeing it for the first time, it's actually kind of mind-blowing. And for a silent film, it has one of the best lines that still reflects on our current history in its various facets: "We are training the soul of our future leader." Sounds familiar.

12. João Eça's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

with pudovkin the camera, the objects, the editing, the bodies, everything dances. cinema of exploding images. masterful and awe-inspiring.

13. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Masterful edition and score for a dramatic take on a call to the Mongol's participation on the Soviet Revolution. The Russian cinema mastership!

14. Alberto Redighieri's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

15. alvaro03's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Una auténtica sorpresa. Aunque tiene altibajos es mi primera pelicula de Pudovkin y espero que no sea la última. El final es de una fuerza visual increible

16. José Neves's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Cinematography by Anatoli Golovnya.

17. nein's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

18. Eduardo's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

It was terrific! Very impressive sequences, like the general and his wife at the religious temple, and the end.

19. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

Incredible filmmaking. The editing and cinematography are marvelous! Where have you been all my life, Mr. Pudovkin?!

20. AugusteB's rating of the film Storm Over Asia

The most powerful silent film I have seen since SUNRISE.