1. ig_____or's rating of the film Story of Women

"Je vous salue Marie, pleine de merde. Le fruit de vos entrailles est pourri." All she wanted was to be a singer and provide for her children. Incredibly bleak film, Huppert is magnificent.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Story of Women

Huppert + Chabrol = Amazing

3. JoaoM's rating of the film Story of Women

A melhor Huppert que já vi

4. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Story of Women

5. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Story of Women

One of Huppert's best performances centers an ambitiously contained occupation tale. One passage suddenly tears us from this microscopic perspective - an audacious move that few directors could pull off without throwing the rhythm. But Charbrol keeps us focused. Although the lover plot doesn't work through the emotions it thinks it does, the final scenes have just the right does of pain.

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Story of Women

God damn it. Embarrassed to say this is my first Chabrol. It left an impression. Isabelle Huppert.

7. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Story of Women

A good choice for Women's Day as the film hits early on a lot of feminist issues - abortion, sex positivity, household power dynamics - but does so in an interesting, intricate way. Allowing Huppert to play a mostly amoral and self-centred woman without judgement, not beating or beatifying her, just giving her agency to make both good and bad decisions. The final act is a weak note.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Story of Women

Décidément, Claude Chabrol avec le temps et les années qui passent, se bonifie comme un vieux grand cru et nous propose à nouveau une oeuvre bienvenue. www.cinefiches.com

9. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Story of Women

Isabelle Huppert is a force to be reckoned with!

10. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Story of Women

claude chabrol had the best post-1960s career of any french new wave director imo. every role perfectly cast too

11. ammar's rating of the film Story of Women

12. lina maj's rating of the film Story of Women

Isabelle Huppert is shining! I see Marie as a dark sister to "Loulou's" Nelly.

13. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Story of Women

My second favorite Claude Chabrol film. So much as been said about this film. Many have a problem the the subject matter, or the fact that it is based off of a true story. I say watch it. Watch it to understand. Watch is for Huppert's amazing performance.

14. NICOLE86's rating of the film Story of Women

Marie was a shitty, unlikable person.

15. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Story of Women

Film meraviglioso di un'autore meraviglioso.Chabrol affronta temi super-difficili come l'aborto e la pena di morte e riesce a farlo con una mano meravigliosa,suscitando emozioni continue ed immergendo tutta la pellicola in malessere tangibile.Pierrot mi ha ricordato troppo i 400 colpi,ed il senso di colpa e di impotenza lacera davvero l'anima. Huppert monumentale,giustamente premiata. Bello bello bello. 4*

16. sister chromatid's rating of the film Story of Women

Loved this film. Isabelle Huppert is a dream (here, and in just about every other role, really). Marie's relationship with Pierrot seemed unresolved/under-explored by the end, but perhaps I'm looking for a resolution that was unintended. Huppert's characters often leave me perplexed -- feminist hero or selfish, neglectful mother driven by greed? And I suppose it's both... and that's likely why I love her so.