1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

It would be nice if we could continue to mature beyond high school. Playing hard to get and saying, "Get away from my man!" The detective is a bit of an anthropologist. "So you don't know the name of the man you were with last night?" "Don't you get lonely?"

3. pintobean's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Regardless of one's own sexuality (myself - straight but supportive), this intense and mysterious erotic gay thriller is a masterful development of tension and suspense which beguiles and haunts throughout. Guiraudie has left his mark on contemporary cinema with aplomb.

5. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

6. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

7. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

is the fact that this reminded me so much of my last relationship A) 100% Fucked Up B) Fucked Up Beyond All Human Comprehension

8. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Unlike "Blue is the warmest color", this film's does manage to make the abundant scenes of gay sex feel realistic, non-exploitative and conveying. Set in a sensual and superficial environment, the way the story elaborates makes it easy to understand the main character's vulnerability to the anesthetic power of beauty.

9. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

11. Thomas's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Overrated, I thought, for the praise and comparisons it has received. Sets a genuinely unnerving tone, but suffers from the lumbering plot.

12. er_sagt's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Absolutely perfect example of queer cinema with a Hitchcock-eque twist.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Pleasant film that delivers raw experiences and not so subtle symbolism (but it works). Good scene construction, interesting subject, a nice setting construction where the lake takes the centre role by default with every other character running away from it. Bloody giant catfishes lurking in the water.

14. La Foret's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

References to Hitchcock are unnecessary.

15. SAMMAX's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

16. alphonse's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Stranger by the Lake is an exceptional take on the thriller genre that surprises and delights. Beautifully shot, Guiraudie's critical success depicts complex emotions and fascinating moral dilemmas, creating a memorable study on the power of desire as the lead character falls for someone he knows is dangerous. Yet, in the end it feels the film nearly fails to create a really strong connection with the audience.

17. kowalski's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

schwul und trotzdem saugeil

18. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

A ritualized microcosmos hardly disturbed by murder.

19. AVA's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

zeitgemäß- zu offenherzig trotzdem subtil

20. Hans Rudolf's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

Vom Sommertraum zum Albtraum: Ein ruhig erzählter, vielschichtiger und fesselnder Psychokrimi mit einem grossartigen Pierre Deladonchamps und einem ebenbürtigen Patrick D'Assuncao.

21. saitosouta's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

A condom is necessary for sex. It protects us from STDs & gives us security feeling. In movie, talking about a condom represents how considerate you are to each other's body. A protagonist talks with first person having sex about "No condom, No fellatio". But later he accepts a sex w/ stranger without a condom & actually that stranger is...I think Guiraudie is very ethical person who respects one's own body.

22. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

23. Charolastra's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake

This was like hitcock and basic instinct had a subdued and chill kid

24. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Stranger by the Lake