1. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

2. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Best Will Ferrell film. It can go from incredible comedy to dark tragedy in one minute.

4. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

All you need to watch is the opening scene (10 mins long). The rest is completely redundant, as it is often the case with Hollywood movies.

5. lostlevel's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Oddly good for a movie of its kind, demonstrating perhaps how if were to pause examine our life's like a narrator we might better ourselves or at the very least an interesting tale about a watch.

6. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

7. Thomas's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

A posturing self-celebratory deadweight of a film, stifled underneath it's own self-reverence and potted psychological pretensions. Will Ferrell seems out of his depth and even Emma Thompson struggles to give the overall effort any gravitas.

8. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

9. papilliondenuit@gmail.com's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

naive ... all of the sudden I felt in a position of the character knowing he will die and hope he wouldn't die, a know he should die and just tired watch it

10. fane2808's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

We are all fictional characters in the hands of some puppetmasters, universal makers who guide the thread of our lives. What if one could meet his/her maker without actually dying? And make the said maker change the way the thread is threaded? Isn't this what all of us secretly hope for? Well, Harold Crick managed to fulfill this wish & have his life changed without dying (well, not until some time later, at least).

11. Penelope q's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

It makes sense that he dies.

12. alf to the rescue's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Enjoyable. Falls flat in places but when it's good it's very good.

13. Mark Commode's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

too unbearable to watch but fair enough if u like it

14. Katherine Lo's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

It's ok. Easy to watch. Could have been a better story than it is - ending was a bit generic.

15. CJG's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Not a good film. Weak, inconsistent script. Not funny/ tragic/entertaining, Emma Thompson's book is dreadful, incongruous wrist watch magic/character/device, Maggie G would never have gone for Ferrell's creepiness, even if she was able to ignore his drag queen eyebrows. Two stars for the actors involved, especially Queen Latifah (under used yet again). A missed opportunity and certainly not Kaufman.

16. Sam Brewster's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Great concept, well executed, but I wish I'd seen it written by someone like Kaufman and directed by someone like Lynch.

17. Beatričė かたつむりのようせい's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Ferell is superb as Harold Crick, the blank everyman thrown towards chaos (and inevitable death) by Emma Thompson's neurotic, chain-smoking author. It's a beautifully put together meta rom-com. From the casting, to the sharp FX that pop up to give us visual cues to how Harold is thinking, and to the excellent soundtrack, Stranger Than Fiction delights with the craft of modern cinema.

18. Ben Toner's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

A really nice light hearted film with a good cast.

19. Temi Cheke's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Light hearted film that works. I didn't know what to expect but I enjoyed it. Although Queen Latifa is wasted in the role of assistant. Also, loved Will Ferrell trying to get advice from a psychiatrist. That scene was perfect.

20. Keith Pincher's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

Lovely interplay between all the actors and original plotting - not a missed step. Well chosen Reckless Eric song might be the highlight for many as is the option to go for a Strat instead of less sexy guitars also available. The ending was inevitable. It certainly was never going to be a tragedy was it? I mean. Come on.

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

This is a really weird Will Ferrell film, and it would've been much better if he died (which the film also realized).

22. wesleyfoster@me.com's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

I remember enjoying this film years ago, though I was much younger and more appreciated the quirkiness.

23. German's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

beautiful in its simplicity, an innovative plot that thrives in its surprisingly Kafkesque characters

24. abba fernando's rating of the film Stranger Than Fiction

i watched this 6 years ago and thought it was boring and pointless, watching it again i am amazed and shocked by how simple and beautiful it was, my younger self was clearly drinking too much alcohol to appreciate this. Well worth a view if you are in the right frame of mind

← Previous 1 3 4 5