1. jaelaah's rating of the film Stranger Things

4 stars for the throw back. Brave gangs of kids like the 80s and hairstyles to match. The plot itself had a few loopholes and left a few key questions unanswered - but willing to look over these things soley because of the beautiful homage to Spielberg / King.

2. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Stranger Things

3. F/K's rating of the film Stranger Things

Not the most groundbreaking show ever, but a very fun and entertaining homage to the 80's itself

4. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Stranger Things

It's a cool 80's homage, but what else? At the end, I don't know how, but I thought Stranger Things was - maybe - two episodes too long. And the Demogorgon-wanna-be creature is not that much to be honest. In my opinion, the success of ST relies on being an easy show to binge-watch. But the cast - now we're talking about something golden. Bring back Winona more often, please!

5. Marti Penla Pranz's rating of the film Stranger Things

6. Shawnmubi's rating of the film Stranger Things

7. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Stranger Things

incredible visuals and a great story to boot. after the epic handshake shot to open ep7 i knew i was watching something special

8. xrystyna's rating of the film Stranger Things

9. Ricardo Zambujo's rating of the film Stranger Things

10. elizabeth l・'s rating of the film Stranger Things

11. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Stranger Things

12. Ghostman's rating of the film Stranger Things

13. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Stranger Things

Different methodologies of different generations through a fantastic mystery...

14. auloel's rating of the film Stranger Things

15. Zac Weber's rating of the film Stranger Things

My feelings about the show are more complex than the actual content. Winona Ryder is superb, and the scenes with the popping lights are transfixing. The Duffer Brothers are comfortable commenting on flimsy gender lines that were rather entrenched at the time, although there's never any profound takeaway from the entire series. It was popcorn fun to me, but nothing monumental.

16. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Stranger Things

This is technically a TV show, right? But since it's on Netflix, I guess it deserves evaluation on a par with regular cinematic offerings (and nowadays in the age of streaming and binge-watching the line is blurring, tbh). Films or TV shows set in the past (or the future) are usually about things other than that era. This show is about how we treat people who are "different" and about the misuse and abuse of power.

17. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Stranger Things

18. dordairobert's rating of the film Stranger Things

19. wiwitaek's rating of the film Stranger Things

Even Winona Ryder can't help it

20. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Stranger Things

I think one of my bigger issues with it is that it doesn't really evoke more than the sum of its parts. It is sociologically interesting in that its collected influences illustrate a symptom of life for the generation of latchkey kids. Otherwise, it's just a reasonably fun, affectionate pastiche of 80s genre pulp, placing John Hughsey coming-of-age drama side by side with Spielberg and King.

21. emanuela's rating of the film Stranger Things

Winona as miserable mother of two was pretty awkward. BTW I loved 11, my fav character. The couple Steve and the girl .... was boring af

22. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Stranger Things

This is a really good series with some awesome child actors, beautiful cinematography and a soundtrack I just want to bury myself in. Yes, it's cheesy, it has its flaws and the worst presentation of bullying I've ever seen, but the rest of it is so much fun that I can heartily recommend it.

23. arcondicionado's rating of the film Stranger Things

24. SteeL14s's rating of the film Stranger Things

Oh my gosh! This series is dope as F**K.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7