1. ejonline's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

I'm not a Hitchcock guy, but my sister and I were in Edinborough for three nights with nothing much to do. The restaurants close early and we were not in the mood for drinking. So, to the movies! There was a rep theater near the hotel, and on one night this was showing. Nice little place to see something. The movie was better than I expected, though I have to admit it looked a bit like a movie for television.

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

3. HenriqueA's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

This is Robert Walker's show and he's the prototypical rich guy you are supposed to dread. The story reads ridiculously nowadays, but the tension is very real.

4. Noel Rosen's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Masterpiece film. Extremely dark, and is a reminder of how connected Hitchcock was to his material and his execution via camera and with his actors.

5. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Another beautiful movie from Hitchcock that i love. He makes a character who always have a good idea or terribly genius. Than Guy being a not-so-kind-person after all.

6. Francisca's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

7. Ameille's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

8. Felix Opper's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

9. Tornasol's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Hitchcock es un mecanismo del tiempo, de la imagen dentro del tiempo, que se temporaliza. A pesar de su carácter que raya en lo paródico en algunas ocasiones, ¿no es la secuencia final del carrusel el tiempo de la película, los mismos personajes recorriendo el propio tiempo de su película, como si ella siguiera su curso natural? Y él mismo lo representa: relojes, trenes y un partido de tenis. Móviles de la imagen.

10. Derrière chaque paupière des oeillades's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

11. Ghostman's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Strangers on a Train is a great Hitchcock film and a stellar thriller. Hitchcock was perhaps among the most anti-authoritarian filmmakers to ever grace Hollywood. Who else would make the archetype of the innocent man?

12. Adam GR's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Hitchcock, just like Minghella, handles Highsmith beautifully. The story slips its poison in like an IV. Almost immediately your viewership is provoked. Farley Granger gets himself into trouble. Farley Granger plays tennis. Farley Granger.......

13. The Nude Eel's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Patricia Highsmith sure loved the metaphor of closeted homosexuality as homicidal sociopathy. I found the homoerotic subtext of the Ripley character to be a more effective version of what she does here, but Hitchcock here is as tight and gleeful as he ever was.

14. chiathirdeye's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

15. Lu Who's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

16. xrystyna's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

17. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Extraordinary concept and adaptation of a well thought-out novel about two men who meet on a train and one of them encourages the other to "swap" murders, "I kill your wife if you kill my father". Filled with Hitchcock's notable dark humor, a memorable ending and the usual visual finesse that one expect from the master director, but it is Robert Walker's psychopath that leave a lasting impression.

18. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Un onesto ***/ forse è più appropriato. H. ci regala una prima parte magnifica, con la scena magnifica della partita a tennis. Buoni gli attori, fantastico il ritmo di alcune scene (la parte sulla giostra), peccato per il finale.

19. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Amazing and weak at same time.

20. jessetaylor's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

The carousel set piece had my jaw on the floor - I can't imagine how absolutely thrilling that would've been in 1951. Hitch does a fantastic job as always, but the suspense he got out that hurried tennis match in the latter half of the film was especially sensational.

21. Iulia Necsulescu's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

watched this for the gay subtext and boy oh boy did it deliver, still kinda fucked that he had to use it to scare people but hey at least we evolved from that, right...?

22. bryanvmh's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Exceptionally smart and monumentally dumb. It all gets to be a bit much but Farley Granger's mug means a +1, so four stars

23. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Strangers on a Train

Might as well have been called Rope part 2. Hitchcock certainly was enamored by queer villains but the upside is that they made for pretty slick killers. Strangers, is a good combination of witty dialogue and the suspense Hitchcock is so well known for.

24. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Strangers on a Train