1. Superfrog's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

À well told story with delicately crafted characters in spite of their apparent well defined nature leading to an enjoyable experience. The end scene with ice cream and the role reversal is exceedingly well placed and played.

2. Amy's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

"Porque la revolución no entra por el culo".

3. nico's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

There's some kind of poetic quality that only (good) movies about friendships are able to achieve.

4. ricardo bonilla's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

La vi cuando iba en la Universidad, se me hace que expresa lo que pasa en Cuba de una manera no tan estridente ni a favor ni en contra. Sólo lo que pasa cuando no se puede leer a todos los autores que uno quiera.

5. Ruth's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

Aunque Freud diga lo contrario, no todo es sobre sexo

6. alvaro03's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

Valiente denuncia de la represión cubana, de la falacia de los regímenes comunistas que dicen defender al pueblo, pero no reconocen y persiguen los derechos de las minorías y de los que se salen de la ortodoxia de la revolución. La interpretación de Perugorria se ve hoy un tanto excesiva. El motivo principal de la pelicula es muy bello y emocionante en la escena final. Nota: 7

7. duendearts's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

Recalls when I lived in the Philippines in the 60s and bits of culture like opera, even classical music, idealogical books, poetry, etc were hard to find. The lack made finding a tape recording or a blurred image or pirated copy of a book an almost sinful delight. If movies can help us relive the past so vividly they'd justify their being but, of course, they do more than that!

8. Moises Barea's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

Siempre me emociona el abrazo final.

9. michael.p.ellis@ntlworld.com's rating of the film Strawberry and Chocolate

Enjoyed this and it brings to life what it must be like to live in a regime where so much of what I take for granted in my own life is banned, censored and/or considered subversive. Also makes a pointed observation about how oppressive state will divide its citizens into those that follow with a passion and those the rebel with a passion.