1. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film Stray Dogs

o adeus de tsai à narrativa quando seu próprio cinema se dilui em corpos mortos, que nem mais rastejam. a paralisia dominando a arquitetura, a paisagem e os corpos violentados pelo tempo. se tsai passou os últimos 20 anos fascinado pelos rostos, aqui ele trazem marcas indeléveis. e dão adeus a uma filmografia no estupor de um acontecimento inoperante.

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Difficult to find an appropriate viewing space for this movie outside of a theatre. A poem

3. hemachandra's rating of the film Stray Dogs

4. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film Stray Dogs

5. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film Stray Dogs

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film Stray Dogs

4.6/5 Manifesto. We are all stray dogs.

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Tsai Ming-ling made a haunting and excruciatingly beautiful film on the relationship of the art and the viewer, which culminates in two of the most audacious shots I have ever seen!

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Stray Dogs

9. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film Stray Dogs

10. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Stray Dogs

4.5. With much effort in patience, this film becomes quite the meditative emotional-scape. Says so much with so little.

11. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film Stray Dogs

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Stray Dogs

13. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Stray Dogs

non prende una stella in piu' per motivi personali

14. vordven's rating of the film Stray Dogs

15. OcioActivo's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Took me two tries to finish this film. It is an auteur that I simply fail to understand, not unlike Terrence Malick, but Stray Dogs is the winner. Out of MUBI's marathon, this film worked for me in its strange approaches and careful nuance.

16. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film Stray Dogs

this movie was inspired by vine

17. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Stray Dogs

I love his films, but this one left me mostly cold. What once seemed like an ever-unfolding, patient discovery now feels like the deployment of a thesis.

18. samuele90's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Io c'ho un problema. Quando un'inquadratura fissa dura più di due minuti, e non succede un cazzo, mi distraggo. Quindi a una certa ho iniziato a pensare a cosa scrivere nella tesi, a cosa sarebbe successo se la mia ex avesse iniziato a farsi di crack, a perché il colletto della mia felpa sapesse di pancetta. Ma a parte questo, il film è bello. Forse troppi cinesi.

19. Matthew's rating of the film Stray Dogs

"There is only one bad scene in this." Yes, but unfortunately, that scene is literally 20 minutes long with virtually no action. Other extended takes, such as the opening scene and the cabbage scene were not at all problematic for me, but I feel the final scene was asking too much of the audience. And so we have this 1 hour 52 minute, beautiful and engaging sequence with a 20 minute, nearly-disqualifying denouement.

20. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Taiwanese Nothing-Core ventouring into the lives of all those many many unfortunate anonymous people we pass by every day.

21. Hipster McTool's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Tsai Ming-Liang almost dares the viewer to experience each sumptuously shot scene. One of the most honest portrayals of living on the fringe, with all of its tedium and uncertainty laid bare, this film hides nothing. And it takes the time to do it properly. It got a bit surreal toward the end for my taste, but I understand the intent. Stray Dogs is exceptional in social commentary as well as cinema.

22. Jefferson's rating of the film Stray Dogs

This movie punched me in the face.

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Stray Dogs

I share with this film maker a love for neglected/derelict buildings, and the spirits, both dead and alive, that haunt them. My favorite film of his is GOODBYE, DRAGON INN, filmed in a decaying movie theater. The family in this film is also neglected by civilization, but it is Miss Cabbage-Head who suffers the most.

24. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Stray Dogs is an absolutely heart-wrenching depiction of poverty and desperation. In the emotional landscape of the film, the few moments of happiness (especially when Yi Cheng and Yi Chieh are joking about the cabbage) are the most poignant. It can certainly be excruciatingly slow at times, but Tsai knows what he is doing, and his brilliant direction enhances the emotional impact in incredible ways. An amazing film.

← Previous 1 3 4