1. FISCHER's rating of the film Street Angel

>>> Un splendide et flamboyant mélodrame d'une intensité émotionnelle suffocante, avec une étonnante et attirante actrice, Janet Gaynor, qui va enchaîner trois chefs-d'oeuvre du réalisateur, avec comme partenaire masculin, Charles Farrell, un des acteurs les plus séduisants de la période du cinéma muet... www.cinefiches.com

2. Deiner's rating of the film Street Angel

I really liked the cinematography and the sets felt like another character in the story. Janet Gaynor's performance stands out as the most touching element of the film and Natalie Kingston (who plays the 'bad girl') was quite captivating and I wish her character had a movie of her own. I didn't liked the mysoginistic tone of the film and there were some moments in which I lost interest and wanted the film to be over.

3. waywardwaters's rating of the film Street Angel

Humanism with a soul, ‘Street Angel’ tells shifting revisions of the Virgin into Mary Magdalene and then back again with aesthetics of Western painting, accentuating shadow and light in correspondence of dark and bright figures in illustrative compositions. Lit amidst an air of despair, the final poetic image of the Madonna is a mark of Catholicism, illuminating a spirit sapped by love but lifted by art.

4. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Street Angel

Des 2000 et quelques films que j'ai vu, j'en considère 32 comme étant "parfaits". Il en fait parti.

5. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Street Angel

Lovers' language; love - art - god triangle; the social vs. the soul; lost people wandering; delaying the inevitable; an abstract city as a reflection of mood; mystic anagnorisis.

6. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film Street Angel

Mesmerizing style. Borzage warping the reality with his camera-work.

7. Mohini VC's rating of the film Street Angel

A beautiful classic. I didn't think I would enjoy a silent film so much but I really did-- especially since they didn't overact either. The storytelling in this movie was marvelous and heart warming (heart breaking too ahahha) I would definitely recommend it to someone.

8. José Neves's rating of the film Street Angel

Cinematography by Ernest Palmer. "Desire" list. Gaynor and Farrell # 2, a truly unforgettable couple. Farrell, the most modern of the silent cinema heartthrobs, an immaculate face and body at the service of a romantic imagery. Perfection under Borzage's wise eye.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Street Angel

Lovely! The second of three films Borzage made starring Janet Gaynor and Charles Farrell, starting with "7th Heaven". The public must have loved them to make 3 of these films. I certainly do. Borzage has an amazing knack for telling a simple story beautifully, and for making a Hollywood film seem as though it was made in Europe. If you enjoy this sweet story, you will also want to see "7th Heaven" & "Lucky Star".

10. M Klein's rating of the film Street Angel

The perfect screen couple.

11. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Street Angel

Boop and bye @ the basic b*tch who said this was "pure melodrama" as a negative.

12. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Street Angel

Dos fascinantes escenas. La primera cuando el amado va en busca de la amada. Borzage arma un plano secuencia en donde la triste espalda de Charles Farrell deja notar su angustia. Mientras tanto, el gentío no deja de atropellar tanto al personaje como a la cámara. Es como si la confusión la sufriera el mismo espectador. La segunda y mejor escena. Un paseo entre las brumas y una vela encendida. Fascinante drama.

13. lauli's rating of the film Street Angel

Pure melodrama. Got bored halfway through

14. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Street Angel

Stunning. A gorgeous still of the film as well.