1. film_lies101's rating of the film Streets of Fire

A true crowd pleaser, this is the height popcorn entertainment. A minor classic/masterpiece indeed

2. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Streets of Fire

3. konochingo's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Hill's editing rocks, lots of great flourishes & surprising moments. It's big, brash, & cartoony. The characters are pure archetypes and the story is pure good vs. evil. The lead actor did the best riff on a John Wayne-esque "strong silent type" I've ever seen. Love the endless outrageous explosions. But it was the ending that made this a Four Star Flick for me, keying in on the bittersweet amidst triumphal chaos.

4. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Streets of Fire

The coolest and most adorable cheesy action movie.

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film Streets of Fire

I never thought that I'm gonna love this movie. In my opinion, STREETS OF FIRE is an underrated masterpiece from director Walter Hill. I know, the storyline looks cheesy & there's nothing special about it. It's simply about good versus evil. STREETS OF FIRE is fun, exciting, & beautifully shot. The soundtrack really nailed it. Listening its soundtrack is like having masturbation without having the real masturbation..

6. Severus Snape's rating of the film Streets of Fire

7. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Streets of Fire

I have to admire a film that exists deliberately outside of time...not a 'throwback,' but a kind of netherworld where there is no backward or forward.

8. babycakesromero's rating of the film Streets of Fire

watching the 80s do the fifties in the 10s is a weird experience - good weird though...

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Streets of Fire

De l'action, un montage serré et fort rythmé, un héros solitaire, dans un film assourdissant et d'une teneur lourdement manichéenne. A mettre en parallèle avec "les guerriers de la nuit" du même réalisateur. www.cinefiches.com

10. krýsuvík's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Horrible movie, but I'm not gonna lie... I'm obsessed with the '80s ballads Fire Inc. recorded for the concert scenes.

11. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Streets of Fire

What you see is what you get... and nothing more. Imagine this and 'Highlander' as a late night double film event...and call it '80's pulp essentials'.

12. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Can't help but love the convoluted setting (set in some alternate reality where the 80's and the 50's are one and the same) and the cheesy-as-all-hell dialogue; but it's another one of those genuine 80's fashion films. Love the music, minus one star for Willem Dafoe looking like a cross between a lizard, and a biker dominatrix throughout, and effectively haunting my nightmares .

13. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Streets of Fire

this is basically Final Fight with good music videos sandwiching the story and if you don't think that's the hypest shit in the world you can sit in a ditch for all I care sir or madam

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Walter Hill's style is so unique; he is one of the great unsung American film makers, the "Liberace" of cinema. My favorite is The Long Riders.

15. Amin Lumière's rating of the film Streets of Fire

16. el.'s rating of the film Streets of Fire

american hot wax meets the warriors + dafoe in PVC and leather with super hair!!

17. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Liked Albert Pyun's version "Road to Hell" better.

18. msmichel's rating of the film Streets of Fire

A neon lit exercise in cinematography that never overcomes its obvious back lot shoot and certainly hasn't stood the test of time. Pare and Lane miscast here with only a young psychotic Dafoe making a true impression. The final showdown is still impressive but one has to sit through a lot of 80's overproduced pop (I'm talking to you Jim Steinman) and bad hair and costumes. Definitely an unique entry for Hill.

19. Cristal_Tear's rating of the film Streets of Fire

One of my first favorite films

20. Cosi's rating of the film Streets of Fire

21. iarehautjobb's rating of the film Streets of Fire

I've never seen STREETS OF FIRE, and I feel like I should.

22. rado's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Dark, savage urbanism never looked this great with every shot a neon oil painting. Fantastic upbeat soundtrack, aggressive editing, gritty youth-culture atmosphere and wonderful minimalistic characterisation. "The Warriors" bloomed into a full musical makes for the most memorable gang film until "Crows Zero".

23. the.deft.one's rating of the film Streets of Fire

There isn't much else going on outside of the aesthetics but that barely matters. It's 50's dialogue and 80's dystopia coalesced into an outrageous rock and roll tale. It's all here; there's neons galore, car chases, motorbikes and plenty of leather. Just sit back, let your eyes pop and your toes tap.

24. Ghostman's rating of the film Streets of Fire

Really wanted to like this one but it just doesn't work. Shallowly written and choppily edited, Streets of Fire is a bore. It only works on the aesthetic level and not on any other. One of Walter Hill's weakest efforts. REMATCH: Memorable and holds up better than I remember but not one of my favorite Hill.