1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Stromboli

2. dionysus67's rating of the film Stromboli

Masterful, albeit flawed at points, diatribe on closed social systems. The implosion of the internment camp gives way to the explosive volcanic island, which beyond carrying denotations of women's sexuality works on a theological level too, pretty much in line with the disclosure of Being. The are brilliant set pieces (e.g. the tuna fishing, Karen's 'contact' with bestiality) and the iconography resonates for ages!

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Stromboli

Bergman is breathtaking throughout, no one filmed her better than Ross. Great film with a depressing look at postwar Italy and how survivors sacrificed their own happiness so that their children will have better lives. Great location photography, volcano and all, and many parallels and nods to various aspects of religion and tales based on holy scripture. I found it to be moving, but prefer Ross' war films. 4 stars

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Stromboli

Film phare du néo-réalisme italien, oeuvre majeure dans la filmographie de Roberto Rossellini, un excellent moment de cinéma et un superbe poème visuel. On se souviendra longtemps de l'étonnante et fort inoubliable scène de la pêche aux thons)... www.cinefiches.com

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Stromboli

6. Ethan's rating of the film Stromboli

After completing changing the world of cinema Rossellini continued to reinvent himself as an artist and especially with this film experimented further on the limits that cinema could go through. Ingrid Bergman is phenomenal here as well.

7. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film Stromboli

8. Adina's rating of the film Stromboli

Notes on a personal apocalypse and godlessness.

9. nessmj's rating of the film Stromboli

4.5 - still really thinking about this. rossellini blending hollywood and his particular brand of neorealism constantly placing devices at odds. bergman the actress and karin the character melded to be allegorically and physically out of place. the fishing scene really bringing home this fact with near documentary style filming and bergman being splashed by tuna being slaughtered.

10. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Stromboli

The emotional climax just doesn’t work for me, and I’m puzzled when others say how affecting it is. I was unmoved.

11. postblueink's rating of the film Stromboli

12. opandadodavid's rating of the film Stromboli

13. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Stromboli

Damn good movie. The way the island imprisons Karin is even more accentuated by the fact that it's so beautiful and glimmering. As I watched this, I knew I would forever retain the bright images in my mind. Bergman is absolutely amazing!

14. ikkini's rating of the film Stromboli

Un film à voir, re-voir, re-re-voir ! Un magnifique portrait de femme !

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Stromboli

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Stromboli

Me fascina lo que representa Bergman para la película, no solo por lo que interpreta, sino también como actriz. Ambas figuras desencajan tanto en la realidad como en la ficción. Ninguna conoce del lugar, domina el idioma. La presencia de la mujer es un contraste. Nunca se le ha visto tan grande y tosca. Aquí ella es la exótica. ¿Qué la hace encajar? Lo intempestivo, su vulnerabilidad, su furia. Ella es un volcán.

17. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film Stromboli

Great work! Ingrid Bergman having an affair with Rossellini in a foreign country away from USA (and which kept her away for a while) and the movie which focuses on alienation of a woman in a remote island has some common points to me! Love makes us to move from one place to another. There comes a question? If you leave your own homeland for someone, can you still be you and happy? How easy is it?

18. "O" Luís Miranda's rating of the film Stromboli

19. T. J. Mesen's rating of the film Stromboli

Karin's tragedy is not delivered in one powerful punch like Pina's, but her walk up to an earthly hell is perhaps a more powerful representation of our struggle against the world. Karin is not killed directly by her fellow humans, but it's by her relations with them (in her native country, in the camp, and in the island) that she's driven to inflict the tragedy on herself. As beautiful as they come from Rossellini.

20. Stevie's rating of the film Stromboli

A fantastic vehicle for the considerable talents of Ingrid Bergman and the ending is just sublime.

21. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Stromboli

Ascension as descent. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/04/stromboli-terra-di-dio-stromboli.html

22. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Stromboli

5 for the beautiful scenes of the local life on the small Italian island

23. Aleksandras Trofimovas's rating of the film Stromboli

24. ORAS's rating of the film Stromboli

''God...If You exist...'' Probably Rossellini's or the Italian Neorealism's L'Avventura!