1. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film Submarino

2. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Submarino

A dour journey on the underworld of two Danish brothers trying to not get better. It's almost too much mysery, but Vinterberg knows the secret to modulate (something that Iñárritu lacks). SUBMARINO is one of Vinterberg best films to date, and one that I keeps revisiting.

3. Renata A's rating of the film Submarino

-1 star for ruining my day

4. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Submarino

Maybe a bit too catastrophic a times, but the brilliant structure of the plot brings it nicely together. (what's with the organ in the danish churches?)

5. yelloww's rating of the film Submarino

6. SafeStanding's rating of the film Submarino

Good god these Vinterberg offerings are hard work, I guess no pain no gain. Clever story line plotting, top drawer acting throughout, pure and raw emotion. Just so difficult to watch but so rewarding.

7. postblueink's rating of the film Submarino

8. Onbestendig's rating of the film Submarino

9. Thijmen's rating of the film Submarino

I need a rewatch to judge this movie but I remember being blown away

10. Amapola's rating of the film Submarino

11. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film Submarino

Painful story + decent performances = good cinema

12. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Submarino

There is a sign in Copenhagen's airport that says: World's Happiest Nation.

13. Swag Yolo's rating of the film Submarino

Submarino portrays the cold and harsh reality of the life of lost pepole, embedded in a rotten fake society that uses them and erodes them over time. Thomas Vinterberg proves once again that he is one of the best storytellers of his generation, and one of the best directors portraying harsh coming of age stories.

14. Raluca Elena Covaci's rating of the film Submarino

We are aware from the beginning , as the title suggests, that the characters are likely to sink..Vinterberg exquisitely managed to display the brothers' paths in a realistic vision but mainting the dramatic tension throughout.

15. Tigrão's rating of the film Submarino

Although a bit pushy on the Human Misery side, it is still a strong movie enforced by compelling performances and an interesting script.

16. danliofer's rating of the film Submarino

Rough, tough, touching, moving...

17. Omar Fabricio's rating of the film Submarino

18. Dizzydent's rating of the film Submarino

Nothing will ever measure up to Festen, but the premise of this film is one I wish I had thought of myself.

19. Carolina's rating of the film Submarino

Love Vinterberg! Great directing, great performances. Emotionally intense, though in a completely different pace and narrative style. It´s hard not to compare, considering Festen set the bar way too high, (for all movies, in my view, not just his own body of work). Submarino stands very well on its own though, great movie.

20. Rodrigo's rating of the film Submarino

Traumas destruindo vidas... É preciso matar um leão todo dia para vivermos... ou sobrevivermos.

21. vordven's rating of the film Submarino

22. thedudeabides's rating of the film Submarino

More than same in the plot, of course, but Vinterberg brings much heavy feelings and emotions in your efficient execution. Great movie.

23. oldeuboi's rating of the film Submarino

Yes, it's cliche and predictable, but Vinterberg still managed to delivers a profound cogitation about guilt and redemption. And I love that cold blue pallet they used in the film. Bleak yet beautiful.

24. suzisch's rating of the film Submarino

Hard-working and something you'll likely need a stiff drink (and a friend's shoulder..) after, but massively redemptive and beautiful - just about manages to pull it off, and what a punch..