1. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Mind trip, voyeurism and formal experimentalism...As in many Robe Grillet this ones defies the codes and conventions of cinema. Unholy stranginess. If Jess Fanco had any talent he could have made such erotically infused art movie.

2. ammar's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

3. Harrywolf Krstl's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

4. Alexine Chanel's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

hyper aesthetic, i really loved all the "white scenes" and the bright, artificial lighting and colours. on the other hand, the dark/religious-religious scenes seemed a bit more ordinary. the sound is incredible, and the image editing too! AND great actors!

5. klofter's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Perfect example of the kind of mind games the French New Wave could play with its audience when it was at the top of its game. Not only that, but this is a master class in editing, use of sound, music and color. Incredibly ahead of its time in that regard. The themes (story is moot here, obviously) aren't very original (lust, sin, desire, perdition) but the movie frequently has its moments.

6. paddelboot's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

I found myself well entertained by this film. And it's not just the titties. The obsessive use of images - the shoe, the bedframe on the beach - and the weird but excellent soundtrack, I just liked it.

7. AVA's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Wenn auch sehr plastisch ,doch aussagefähig.Sehr gelungene Wahl der Hauptdarstellerin.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Fascinating video and sound montage, the handling of colors and the use of still life insertions (glass, scissors) is remarkable. For me large parts of the film are a hommage to the happenings of the 1960s, especially to the works of Viennese Actionisms (e.g. Otto Mühl, see the sequence with eggs and color).

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Do I understand why old men like to make movies with naked young women? Of course. But if you're Robbe-Grillet, you have a reputation that you're risking. You wouldn't expect the author of 'The Erasers' or 'Last Year in Marienbad' to be making nudie films. Many critics are old men too, and they come up with BS to make it sound smart. Who's fooling who?

11. crnstsc's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

12. Odile~'s rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

"La acusación es sólo el prólogo de un crimen, la reclusión es el aprendizaje del vicio, las prisiones religiosas son también, escuelas de pecado."

13. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

i could almost hear the people behind the camera jacking off. it was

14. Gondi's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Lorsque l'esthétique se passe d'éthique pour reposer sur une pure énergie sexuée...

15. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

I loved the directing style and color palette, but I can't help feeling that this whole project was just an excuse to watch young pretty girls touch each other. Not to mention the main character just plain pissed me off. Overall I liked the idea of the movie, just wish I hadn't felt so insulted while watching it.

16. mpho3's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

"People who investigate the film for purely prurient reasons are probably going to end up feeling utterly confused and probably a bit icky. But anyone approaching it from a purely intellectual standpoint is also going to end up fidgeting uncomfortably at various moments. The perfect audience for the film is going to be someone who is a bit brainy and a bit pervy, with a wicked sense of humor." - Justin Remer, DVDTalk

17. Jennifer Anna's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Idiotic. Tons of great tits and little else.

18. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

I like any movie that shows me something I've never seen before and this one has that in abundance.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

Sexy, colorful, kinky and clever. And it has a toe-sucking scene! I love that. Isabelle Huppert is in it, but only for a moment. I am in love with her!

20. Simon So's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

21. Eloi MV's rating of the film Successive Slidings of Pleasure

What is cinema after all? For me it's the evocative power of the image. And on this term, Robbe-Grillet's Successive Slidings of Pleasure is unforgettable.