1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Sudden Fear

I think it was F. Scott Fitzgerald who said that Crawford's face couldn't change expression without going through contortions. The director had to cut away and back between mood shifts. This makes her ideal for Noir with the heightened emotions and deep shadows that are part of the genre, her limitations are used rather than concealed. She enters the atmosphere of the film and instantly fits into the expressionism.

2. Nancarrow's rating of the film Sudden Fear

Magnificent! crawford and palance at peak performance

3. Roslyn's rating of the film Sudden Fear

Can't believe I've never seen this beauty! Absolutely Brilliant! Not really Noir, more Melodrama of the highest order. Crawford's facial expressions are to die for. As for Jack Palance, my memories of him are of a not so good looking middle aged guy that my mother adored; but here he exudes a gorgeous suave villainy. I've seen Gloria Grahame do better but she fits the bill nicely here as the other woman.

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Sudden Fear

A lovely, mean little noir melodrama that turns (suddenly, one might say) into a murder plot. Like a lot of films from its genre and era, it feels held back from going "all the way" by the conventions of the day. That having been said, it still crackles as a find for noir buffs, with a feint here and there and an expert final suspense setpiece. Bonus noir points for including Gloria Grahame being Gloria Grahame.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Sudden Fear

Just look at Crawford's eyes in this screenshot. She's insanely amazing and this film has great photography, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDireUrvOZ8

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Sudden Fear

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2vS

7. Scotch's rating of the film Sudden Fear

I'm pretty sure Gone Girl's Amy watched this film, and mistook it for her life.

8. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Sudden Fear

The end of this is amazing/100% what I look for in movies tbh.

9. Pri Lima's rating of the film Sudden Fear

I downloaded this gem on last July but just watched yesterday night and ABSOLUTELY loved it!Amazing!,caught my attention for every minute and the movie has almost 2 hours!Joan Crawford's performance just made me once again remember why she is my favourite actress of this and all my past lives if there is such a thing as reincarnation.

10. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Sudden Fear

Let's play the match game.

11. Elisa's rating of the film Sudden Fear

It starts out slow but then it builds up, not a contender to be a favorite any time soon but it's still a good movie!