1. MGeo's rating of the film Suite Française

Really flabby and unconvincing period drama. The ending caption and credit sequence were quite good...but that's it.

2. aikeart's rating of the film Suite Française

¿Quién no se enamorar de la sensibilidad, del talento, de la firmeza y de la nobleza? Hail Matthias Schoenaerts!

3. Sara Castro's rating of the film Suite Française

4. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film Suite Française

5. sainte's rating of the film Suite Française

This movie should have been in French, makes no sense having the French speaking British English. Besides that, I really enjoyed it, but I have a soft spot for WWII movies, so. Similar premise to Le Silence de La Mer.

6. Gabriella F's rating of the film Suite Française

War romances *wipes tears*. French war romances *needs a towel to wipe tears*

7. RumbleFish's rating of the film Suite Française

Che melodramma stantio. D'altrondo è basato su un romanzo lasciato a metà dalla Nemirovsky; lei che scrive di amare un soldato tedesco poco prima di essere deportata ad Auschwitz: questa è una storia.

8. oldeuboi's rating of the film Suite Française

I'm a sucker for a melancholic period romance drama and I found this utterly captivating.

9. Deiner's rating of the film Suite Française

A very good movie. I liked how story despite of being simple manages to create that atmosphere of tension and also being able to present complex characters. The film has a beautiful score and a captivating cinematography. The performances are very good, especially Matthias Schoenaerts, Kristin Scott Thomas and Michelle Williams, who is undoubtedly one of the best actresses working today (3.5)

10. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Suite Française

More romance and less war. I've not read the book but I think this is a beautiful adaption.

11. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Suite Française

Schoenaerts in an uniform. And just in time for my birthday.

12. Panda's rating of the film Suite Française

Honestly was looking forward to this but it was such a disappointment. Michelle Williams is awful (how??) and despite a surprisingly recognisable and talented cast the whole thing just feels so disjointed and empty. We never really get to know any of the characters.. everything is at an arms length and the voice over is beyond one dimensional. What a waste

13. vuur brandt's rating of the film Suite Française

Really difficult to take this serious. Nobody speaks French (except for the word 'monsieur') and the the story is soooo predictable and superficial.

14. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Suite Française

There's no faulting the credentials; the film is beautifully shot, well acted, sensitive & moving. But it's a story that's been told so often that the thing seems over familiar. Plot-points could have been opened up & extended upon, but instead feel like obligations to convention; "beats" to be hit. At least it challenges the ethical complexities of its characters, not falling into the trap of black & white morality.

15. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Suite Française

Nothing is ever what it seems. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/04/suite-francaise.html

16. Carolina's rating of the film Suite Française

Strange feeling about the choice of Michelle Williams as the main female character. On one side, I find that she is not the actress most suited to embody Lucile Angellier (she's so little French) and on the other side I appreciated her way of expressing Lucile's intimate delicacy. The movie as a whole is laudable , I loved its perfect emotional balance and its refusal of melodramatic excesses.

17. Rohan Berry's rating of the film Suite Française

This adaptation starts with a surprisingly visceral bombing raid sequence that fully justifies Michelle Williams' characters' misgivings. Schoenaerts is very good and once again chameleon-like in his performance, while Scott, Wilson and Williams give a trio of strong female performances. Mainlined a little of LE CORBEAU's furious paranoia. Williams also does a superb job of displaying repressed sexuality.