1. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

2. Demetria Moondance's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Beautifully shot and very well acted. Seimetz knows how to create tension with medium and tight shots and interesting angles. I'd like to watch this film again.

3. Joshua Sklar's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

This starts off with a totally decontextualized scene pitched at a high level of dramatic intensity. This movie held my interest partly because I wanted to make sense of that scene. Not sure what voiceover added-- was the intention to show the tenderness that the relationship once had? It emphasized how childlike Sheil’s character is, making the relationship creepy, as opposed to giving the movie a wistful feel.

4. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Bleak psychological lovers-on-the-lam tale, uses its setting to enhance the sense of tension and fatigue. Very well made.

5. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Stunning. Great acting. Never seen any film quite like this one. Well worth watching.

6. Ethan's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

A gritty psycho drama with an amazing performance from actress Kate Lyn Sheil.

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

An atmospheric road trip through central Florida and another hymn to the deviations of the human mind. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/05/sun-dont-shine-2012.html

8. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Is it fair to say it's Badlands meets The Little Mermaid? Each stretch of highway is a another hypnotic mile that digs Crystal and Leo further into the situation. This one will get to you. Lots of pain and sadness mixed with childhood nostalgia and a bit of humor.

9. Keldon's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

this film and Body Heat make me feel like I need to take a shower. I can't think of any films that depict the scuzzy heat and humidity of the American southeast so well.

10. Till Kadritzke's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Gorgeous couple-on-the-run-poem with amazing performances, really got through to me. Self-confindet but earns it.

11. The Future Mr. Gitts's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

The ambiguous structure and indie inflection of this little neo-noir cannot mask the utter banality of its story or the blandness of its characters. Seimetz's reference point is clearly Malick's Badlands, but Sun Don't Shine doesn't have the physical beauty, emotional pull, understated malevolence, or clear-sighted vision of that masterpiece. This one is immediately forgettable.

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

13. micah van hove's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Quite a good road movie, mysterious yet familiar, with voice-over sections that put Malick to shame.

14. Elric's rating of the film Sun Don't Shine

Sun Don't Shine is a fierce and mysterious debut film from the talented Actress Amy Seimetz (A Horrible Way to Die) that could teach many horror films a thing or two about creating dread, emotion and encroaching tension. A throwback to films like 'Badlands' & 'Two Lane Blacktop' with a pinch of 'Repulsion'. Unmissable filmmaking that felt both emotionally true and elusive at the same time. My fav film at SXSW.