1. lbunuel's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Probably the most beautiful film ever made.

2. Wanli's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Was slightly startled at first when the central conflict was resolved after half an hour and the movie turned into a celebration of happiness, a "song of two humans" (and a pig). Then realised that this merrymaking only set up the last act and imbued it with so much more emotional heft. Brilliant cinematography, stunningly beautiful - those images will never feel dated.

3. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

This has got to be the purest, most delicate work of art to have ever crossed the screens. A masterpiece...

4. Dzernera's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

By far, the best movie I've ever seen. All about love in its purest forms.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

One of Murnau's finest works, w/ great usage of juxtapositions: black & white, sun & moon, etc. Some of the best shot silent film scenes that exist found here & Fejos' Lonesome. It's a shame sound came when it did, as the artform found unparalleled greatness at the time before the shift. The acting is beautiful, not hokey in the least. Cool to see Winton in a cameo prior to her breakout role in The Patsy. Essential.

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

One of the best movies made during the silent period. It is a simple story but it is great due to the mix of genres. Sometimes it is a thriller then a comedy, then a romance. It is brilliantly artistic film with a great chemistry between the two leads and the cinematography of shadows blended with light is gorgeous.

8. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

9. Ben Nash's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

10. Walker's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

This one pretty much has it all.

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

12. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Murnau goes Hollywood and makes the best Hollywood silent by far and it is merely my third favorite of 1927! What a great year that was for silent cinema, with Sunrise being the perfect example of something so bittersweet. A perfect love story, if there ever was one.

13. FISCHER's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Une pureté formelle et un pouvoir émotionnel jamais égalés depuis. Un chef-d'oeuvre absolu que l'on ne se lasse pas de voir et de revoir ! Peut-être le plus beau film du monde... www.cinefiches.com

14. Aardsy's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

A masterclass in visual storytelling.

15. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

16. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

4-5. Holy Hell; how do you even approach a movie as talked up as this one with a fresh review? It's beaming with warm poeticism, and gorgeous shots. What starts as a tale of murderous, conflicted temptation morphs into a warm reverie of affection and marital rebirth. The film's use of location is pitch-perfect, transforming an 'other'd city into a vivacious hub where love blossoms anew. I absolutely loved it.

18. Ethan's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Griffiths may have been the titan of the epic but Murnau was the titan of intimate human emotion. Murnau needed no words to express emotions and tell a compelling story of a tempted marriage full of doubts.

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

20. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

I typically have trouble connecting with silent films, but this one broke through in due time to become a film I was very into by the end.

21. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Re-rating this (still a 5) after seeing it on 35 at Film Forum. Not everything in it works, but the peaks are close to godliness. Murnau excels at creating an anywhere-yet-nowhere world, and if you think the plot is too close to Griffith-style moralizing against modern life, consider that the husband and wife fall back in love when they sample the "sinful" city. Bonus points for a close up of a drunken pig.

22. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

23. Cbarky99's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Moral of the story: Tourists are jerks.

24. yovargas's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry I tried to murder you so I could run away with another woman! My failed attempt to murder you has made me realize that I love you and no longer want to kill you!" Awwww, how romantic. B-

← Previous 1 3 4 5