1. BenNash's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

2. Walker's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

This one pretty much has it all.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Une pureté formelle et un pouvoir émotionnel jamais égalés depuis. Un chef-d'oeuvre absolu que l'on ne se lasse pas de voir et de revoir ! Peut-être le plus beau film du monde... www.cinefiches.com

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

A masterclass in visual storytelling.

6. Murky's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

To today, maybe the most beautiful film made.

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

8. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

4-5. Holy Hell; how do you even approach a movie as talked up as this one with a fresh review? It's beaming with warm poeticism, and gorgeous shots. What starts as a tale of murderous, conflicted temptation morphs into a warm reverie of affection and marital rebirth. The film's use of location is pitch-perfect, transforming an 'other'd city into a vivacious hub where love blossoms anew. I absolutely loved it.

10. Ethan's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Griffiths may have been the titan of the epic but Murnau was the titan of intimate human emotion. Murnau needed no words to express emotions and tell a compelling story of a tempted marriage full of doubts.

11. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

12. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

I typically have trouble connecting with silent films, but this one broke through in due time to become a film I was very into by the end.

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Re-rating this (still a 5) after seeing it on 35 at Film Forum. Not everything in it works, but the peaks are close to godliness. Murnau excels at creating an anywhere-yet-nowhere world, and if you think the plot is too close to Griffith-style moralizing against modern life, consider that the husband and wife fall back in love when they sample the "sinful" city. Bonus points for a close up of a drunken pig.

14. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

15. Cbarky99's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Moral of the story: Tourists are jerks.

16. yovargas's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry I tried to murder you so I could run away with another woman! My failed attempt to murder you has made me realize that I love you and no longer want to kill you!" Awwww, how romantic. B-

17. annelène's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

18. B o g d a n's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Mi-au plăcut câteva cadre expresive și posturile conotative ale personajelor, firul romantic reglat de elementele „clasice” și nevasta în particular. E notabil paralelismul dintre (un) cadru urban și (un) cadru rural, dar și prezența naturalului și ușoara superficialitate a filmului în ansamblu. Concluzie: 2-3

19. Alexandru Acsinte's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

An absolute cinematic masterpiece and a pinnacle of visual storytelling. It works perfectly as a technical and artistic showcase for F.W. Murnau's talents. There are not many titles and IMO there could be even less, yet the movie gets its points across, just through raw emotion and atmosphere. Featuring one of the first permanent soundtracks and a "flying" camera, this film has remained an experience 90 years later.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

One of my favourite silent films of all time. The beauty of the visual medium, and the power of added sound.

21. Kadjavsi's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

22. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

Pretty much the most visually stunning silent film I've ever seen. Murnau's techniques are so forward-looking that parts of it seem to exist completely outside any of the cinematic conventions and limitations of the time.

23. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

The original sex thriller! A picture with everything: murder, lust, revenge, love, gags, violence, twists, melodrama, smoking, flashbacks, dream sequences, guyliner, fantastic special effects, stunning cinematography, and a sensational story that no doubt Joe Eszterhas once oiled his typewriter to. A silent film for modern audiences.

24. SpacePirate's rating of the film Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

One of the most beautiful films ever. Anyone who watches this and isn't completely and totally moved, I question whether they have a soul haha. Top 5 silent film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5