1. fostrethepeoplo's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

A tragic and also interesting storyline about the Hollywood silent era history with the satirical element from the filmmaker, 4.5

2. Al Sampedro's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Norma has her new monkey, and he can write scripts!

3. zohen lux's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

7. kartina obskura's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

8. Peach's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

9. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

10. Scott Dubin's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

One of those classic films you're likely to see parodied in pop culture before viewing the film itself. An interesting Gothic portrayal of a wealthy, crazed, has-been movie star and the lovers and servants orbiting her life. Highly recommended for it's cultural influence alone, and the influence is probably well deserved.

11. pluviosity's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

probably the most personal story Hollywood ever made, something like a meta punch in the gut.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Génial, sublime et cinglant. Une décapante et meurtrière vision des milieux du cinéma d'hier, qui ne doivent guère être différents, aujourd'hui et demain... www.cinefiches.com

13. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Let it be said that Gloria Swanson is simultaneously ridiculous and horrifying, and in a bold move proves that being a complete ham can somehow become itself a great performance. Other than that I didn’t think it was all that, which probably has a lot to do with hype. That’s not to say it’s bad, in fact, it’s quite good, just not the masterpiece I was expecting. That ending though…

14. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Vaow! Selecting a movie to watch is like personal destiny! Lately I encountered with a number of "writer's block" movie, not that I'm a writer, but may be because I'm kind of in a "living's block" nowadays. But the subject, "your time has passed", was really an awakening for me. Not that my time has passed! ;)

15. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Classic, and show's no signs of ageing any time soon.

16. MistaRichard's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Not just a "movie about movies", but a witty and thought-provoking critique of the Hollywood studio machine, at this point well known by Wilder. The great cameos add a realistic flare and the enticing plot makes this a really rewarding watch.

17. dordairobert's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

18. ermete polpette's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Transcends the overly used term "classic" by about 48 miles. Lynchian before there was Lynch. Essential viewing.

20. Ekincaidaz's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Those crazy crazy eyes and famous one liners.

21. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

22. Myles's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

"It's the pictures that got small."

23. Sergio Fernandez's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

24. DenoResandono's rating of the film Sunset Boulevard

Another satire from Billy Wilder before he made Ace in the Hole in a year after. A satire about Hollywood lifestyle and its people. It used a kind of unique narration. I won't tell about it, because it will spoil you if you haven't watched the movie yet. This movie belongs to William Holden and Gloria Swanson. Damn, I love the ending...