1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Superman

The first superhero movie that truly was cinematic and epic without looking cheap and the first stepstone into what we have today. Christopher Reeve do the perfect Clark Kent and Superman for generations to come and the film was directed so that it was the best origin movie for a long time. The musical score add to the epic nature of the film, but the climax is terrible and makes no sense.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Superman

Un excellent divertissement aux trucages fort réussis avec une splendide palette d'acteurs consacrés font de cette gigantesque entreprise cinématographique, une agréable réussite. Ne pas oublier derrière cette fascinante mise en scène, le mythe écoeurant et reaganien de l'Amérique invincible... www.cinefiches.com

3. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Superman

4. JulesAteJim's rating of the film Superman

5. Log Lady's rating of the film Superman

Set the standard for all superhero movies to come, and think what you will about the blockbuster formula, Superman can handle the gaze of a modern viewer despite the dated special effects. The role of Superman is like tailor-made for Reeve and Luthor is one of those quirky villains that are just fun to watch (not as fun as the villains in Batman, though).

6. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Superman

Thank you, Star Wars (or rather its commercial success)... Compared to the gratuitous manufactured drivel being churned out today this a compartively chaste cash-in that at least has some heart and a some sense of fun. However one still groans at the corporate conveyer-belt of ever increasing audience contempt these early monuments of juvenile film-making switched on.

7. João R's rating of the film Superman

For its amount of flaws, I wouldn't classify this as a good movie but the truth is that it delivers what it promises to, becoming somewhat even.

8. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Superman

The wish the story of this film was as good as its reputation...

9. runfromfire's rating of the film Superman

Is Reeve a bit wooden as an actor? Yes. Is he still the best damned actor that's ever donned the red undies? You're goddamn right.

10. Ethan's rating of the film Superman

This movie set the standard for all superhero films to follow. It has the origin story, the eccentric super villain, the love interest, big disaster, and the set up for the sequel. This is definitely a classic that still holds up and reminds us that comic book movies used to be a little bit more optimistic.

11. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Superman

The classic 'superhero' movies do not age well at all but frankly I think that is part of their charm. The old Superman movies were my favourites as a kid and I still love to re-watch them. The new films just have lost part of the charm that I loved so much when I was younger.

12. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Superman

6.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2uU

13. James Mackin's rating of the film Superman

One of the better Superman movies. Superman can't be deconstructed, you gotta just experience him in all his idealism.

14. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Superman

Just about perfect. The first act is too long, that weird opening feels unnecessary, and the plot kind of kicks in pretty late. But it doesn't matter after you see him fly or flirt with Lois Lane.

15. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Superman

I've never seen a movie that moves so fast and so slow all at the same time. The scenes drag on, yet events are so rushed. In one scene, Pa Kent is alive, in the next he's dead. There's hardly any buildup to him being Superman; one day he just is. Lex Luthor shows up way too late and hardly seems like a legitimate threat. And that ending is one of the worst, most unbelievable endings I have ever seen. Reeve's good

16. Christian Rains's rating of the film Superman

Far from perfect but easily the best Superman film I've seen. After only seeing Snyder's its weird seeing Supes have heart. That poem bullshit in the sky was cringe-worthy.

17. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Superman

18. vine.weevil's rating of the film Superman

19. Landen Celano's rating of the film Superman

Appreciate it for finally finding a way to visualize comic books in the cinematic medium, but whoof...

20. taniaburrito's rating of the film Superman

21. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Superman

22. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film Superman

The first movie I ever got to see in a theater. So epic for a tyke's first intro to the exploits of the legendary Man of Steel ... and with so much heart! It's like they took the Supes of the Weisinger/Schwartz eras, de-Buck Roger-ized Krypton into a cold sterile world of crystal technology, tossed some Kubrick, Rockwell, and slight Bond-Era chintz into the mix, and then said, "OK, John Williams work your magic!"

23. venenatis's rating of the film Superman

I'm so sorry Mr Reeve, you're wonderful though.

24. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Superman

Non è invecchiato benissimo,e vedere alcune scene oggi fà sorridere,ma è cmq un buonissimo lavoro,capostipite del genere super-eroistico e con cast d'eccezione.Forse un pò troppo buonista e con qualche buco di sceneggiatura,ma ha il grande pregio di non essere mai fastidioso(diciamo alla Sneyder)e di non annoiare mai(diciamo alla Singer).Vedere Reeve volare è una fitta al cuore.3,5*