1. mpho3's rating of the film Surviving Progress

"For all its honest probing and essential weight, SP left me curiously ever-so-slightly unfulfilled. The questions it asks, the crises it suggests, the changes it urges, all fade gradually as the film [nears the end]. This is ... partially a result of the topically shifting theoretical info-dump that can't help but be in the DNA of a talking head activism doc."-Jim Tudor, ScreenAnarchy 3.5 stars

2. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Surviving Progress

Buen documental, aunque no me sorprende tanto, porque son cosas ya sabidas, eso me hace pensar que debí ver este documental el año que salió a la luz y no hoy jajajajajajja, pero aun así es un buen documental para generar conciencia sobre el consumo de recursos y su relación con el progreso...

3. dave gunn's rating of the film Surviving Progress

Lots of interesting stuff in this; you'll definitely learn a lot and gain a new perspective on industrialization. However, the harm and corruption they mostly pin on technology ("progress") is really natural symptoms of capitalism. Despite all their research and intellect, they missed their mark in the end. Technology without capitalism could save the world.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Surviving Progress

FNC '11 Perhaps the most important documentary one may see this year. Society is in a progress trap. We are consuming at a rate that the planet cannot possibly support and growing at a rate that guarantees most of the population a downgrade in standard of living. Inspired by Ronald Wright's publication and featuring a worldwide group of experts trying to give us a wake up call. Capitalism is a failed experiment.

5. codyhunter's rating of the film Surviving Progress

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Surviving Progress

Essentially, we are updated software to an old hardware.

7. Flying Dutchman's rating of the film Surviving Progress