1. DenoResandono's rating of the film Suspiria

To be honest, SUSPIRIA is not that scary at all or not so frightening. All I can tell you is this movie is absolutely THRILLING. I can't quite feel the horror. But yes, it's still thrilling. SUSPIRIA has an interesting, yet intriguing storytelling. Director Dario Argento knew how to build the suspense. Somehow, I can forgive the lacks of its characterization. I just enjoy the story. The cinematography is REMARKABLE!

2. Will's rating of the film Suspiria

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Great visuals and score, fun story. Not a huge fan of the dubbing, especially at the start. Overall a good experience, still managed to be pretty sinister despite not being “scary” in the contemporary understanding. Also saw some inspo for the neon demon, one of my all time faves.

3. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Suspiria

4. McOpinionated's rating of the film Suspiria

Another one for those more interested in the history of (horror or Italian) film than in films. And the two clash here. The over-dubbing, bad acting and editing, poor effects & melodrama overwhelm the interesting creative and (sub)plot aspects. I thought it was really awful, in fact.

5. Ali's rating of the film Suspiria

5 stars only because the visuals are so enchanting. What the plot lacks in substance, the cinematography makes up for. Will only watch this film to be aesthetically pleased

6. dionysus67's rating of the film Suspiria

This rhapsody of color, this stupendous marvel of set design, this fulsome celebration of the senses, this explosion of artifice is also a handbook of paradigmatic cameramovement and editing that builds on primal fears about flesh and its decay as in altered states of consciousness. Hallucinogenic as it should be and true to its literary origins, its formal perfection is the story's content itself. Majestic artwork!

7. gabbycoates's rating of the film Suspiria

8. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Suspiria

One of the gaudiest, luscious, lustiest pieces of cinematic tension ever made. I guess there's a plot, but it's really a story of sensation: everybody is a possible menace, every frame askew, drenched in neon or(/and) blood, and a threat. It's easy to forget in the kaleidoscope but Jessica Harper's resilient yet strangely vulnerable performance is arresting. Rarely do films make the world as Other and hostile as this

9. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Suspiria

Since there's a new Suspiria movie this year I decided to watch the original before watching the new one. I watched it without knowing anything about it and this ended up being one of the best movie experiences I've ever had. I feared that his was going to be another horror movie where they focused more in screams and blood than in the plot, I was completely wrong.

10. Inteleter's rating of the film Suspiria

Superbly crafted. Cinematography is beautiful, particularly the use of red as well as the use of symmetry. Atmosphere was great and the climax was insanely thrilling. In all honesty this was one of those films where everything worked for me.

11. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Suspiria

If you have still not seen this then change that as soon as possible. If you recently saw the remake and thought it better than this then I encourage a revisit. You may still prefer the new take on the material but it's worth reminding yourself of just how absolutely gorgeous and chilling the original is. It's one of the most beautiful movies, and certainly one of the most beautiful horrors, of all time.

12. doughtyedu's rating of the film Suspiria

13. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Suspiria

Pretty mindless entertainment, surprisingly risible at times (that bat!). Even Argento's stylish direction is rather erratic, especially in the death scenes, some of which are far too drawn out. It's overrated hokum, but it's fair fun so long as you forget the masterpiece of horror hype.

14. richardm2311's rating of the film Suspiria

Love that Goblin soundtrack, in addition to all the deeply saturated and fantastical colors and costumes. An macabre, gaudy, and frankly cartoonish horror film that still manages to be wildly entertaining (if a little bit silly). Still love this film even for all of its faults. Guadagnino took a drastically different turn for his remake, which I appreciated immensely. No remaking this one, at least not directly.

15. Elise Stambul's rating of the film Suspiria

16. Jake's rating of the film Suspiria

A beautiful nightmare, Suzy's journey into the heart of the academy provides enough suspense, intrigue and horror to justify its explosive set-pieces and slow burn psychological horror. The film is a joy to watch, the set design, lighting and cinematography all provide a perfect sense of unease, the world of Suspiria is not quite right, and seeing the mystery unfold will always be one of the best horror experiences.

17. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Suspiria

18. -Firebird's rating of the film Suspiria

Gothic in technicolor. Surpassed all expectations.

19. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Suspiria

In the immortal words of Mugatu, "I feel like I'm taking CRAZY PILLS!!" Have I watched the same film everyone is raving about? Everything, except the cinematography and settings, is exceptionally, horrendously bad and amateurish to the point of self parody, if only it was meant to be funny! I found the remake to be ultimately pointless, but at least it had great acting, atmosphere and soundtrack. This was just shame.

20. martial canterel's rating of the film Suspiria

My mother saw Suspiria in '78 on the screen and she has always said there was a movie named Suspiria, the most unbearably creepy movie she has ever seen, I was raised by the name of the movie and one day I learned and felt for the genre like an involuntary memory of the childhood.

21. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Suspiria

The unrelenting soundtrack, the vivid psychedelic color schemes & the masterful set design ensures that Argento's Suspiria still succeeds as both an experiment in sustained terror & as a work of pure cinematic expression. However the aggressive formalism of the film, its bold strokes of editing & cinematography, are each in service of the slight but potent plot; a fairytale death-dream of alienation & innocence lost.

22. keithinhull's rating of the film Suspiria

Great score but the film is just silly

23. nadnab's rating of the film Suspiria