1. Nachtreich's rating of the film Suzaku

2. Alejandro sotelo's rating of the film Suzaku

Suzaku features splendorous human action and calm, sincere camerawork. It is devoid of gimmick, and unpretentious. One can still see, though, Kawase's principles to be developed in latter works, where action and camera are swallowed up by nature, and where the subjects and the viewer become little else than wanderers in her films' worlds.

3. ionosonde's rating of the film Suzaku

made me feel okay deep down inside. in love with the setting.

4. lina maj's rating of the film Suzaku

(3.5) Kawase's films are also about houses.

5. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Suzaku

Kawase's lovely, oft-lugubrious first feature announced the arrival of a major new talent working in an early-Hou (and to a somewhat lesser extent, late-Ozu) mode focused on painstakingly lyrical, leisurely paced family dramas. Kawase's engrossing minimalism is hampered, however, by a creeping preciosity that renders grief and loneliness with a slightly sickening sweetness.

6. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Suzaku

A nice movie about family. Slow as usual movie of Naomi Kawase. But I don't feel in love with it. Maybe just because I watched it when being tired. I'll watch it again sometime.

7. F.Bieberkopf's rating of the film Suzaku

Throwback Hou Hsien Hsiao of the 80s, cracker of a film.

8. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Suzaku

Telling that a woman who was given up for adoption would make so many films about the family, and incorporate so many real people into even her fictional films.