1. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Banal, with an air of wickedness.

4. panoramaofhell's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

is this film here to prove that men are assholes?

5. letters never sent's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Somewhat reminiscent of chabrol's Les Cousins, but lighter and more playful.

6. nessmj's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

4.5 - rather mysterious at times. really adore the ambiguities that characterize suzanne. resting in the odd grey area that often characterizes human interaction, the strange contradiction of emotion of young men, the emotional ease with which some can pass to and from one another. remarkable.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Just as inconsequential as “Bakery Girl of Monceau.”

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Eric Rohmer's Moral Tales start to pick up steam and develop more towards feature-length. In case it wasn't clear from the other ones, it sure as hell is clear here that they're about caddish, oblivious men and women who are a good deal smarter. The "career" of the title has more to do with her love life than anything else, and by the end, she's learned a lesson while her exploiters are still stuck in adolescence.

9. Renton47's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

An incisive portrait of the casual misogyny of competitive men whose persuasion on an unsuspecting woman also creates the foundation for further hatred - how the give and take of dominant, manipulating relationships create cycles of self-abasement and unease. But Suzanne is no sap, and Rohmer depicts her as the only party ultimately liberated from the cycle. Complex fully-formed at 55 minutes, in itself impressive

10. mlstrx's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

early rohmer is too "french new wave" for me

11. lndah's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

I didn't realize 6 moral tales were about getting involve with absorbing characters and how to deal with it.

12. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

This film is 55 minutes long and breezes right through them and never feels overlong or too short. Well done Rohmer!

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Cuando se trata de dilemas morales, Rohmer despliega personajes que son de admirar, pero hasta cierto punto son repugnantes. Esto curiosamente le ocurre al protagonista principal de este capítulo, quien está en el dilema de lo correcto y lo ajeno, este último, su deseo. La amoralidad como meta.

14. Eduardo's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Eric Rohmer renders characters (not caricatures) more fully in 55 min than most contemporary movies do in 90 mins +. So much under the surface in this one, for one, I think the main character is a bit more in love with his male friend, than in the two women who show interest in him. Also the scene in which they "conjur" a spirit is brilliant.

15. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Suzanne's Career

16. bartkl's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

It's real, insightful and complete. The main characters are interesting and realistic, and their dynamic is complex and beautiful. The ultimate moral teaching of the film tops it all off. This is a style that I can endure for hours!

17. DSPRKY's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

What _is_ her career? This entry in the Six Moral Tales is perhaps more stark than the others; while those I've seen end with some sense of emotional ambiguity, this one doesn't even end happily. It's also ironic that marriage is seen as the "finish line" here—that's perhaps more telling than anything else Bertrand says.

18. A47's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Despite a different outlook, very Wes Anderson filmmaking in parts. "I had nothing against her, I simply hated her" -strange, because from the very first shot, so did I... The foundation for "Cruel Intentions." Repulsed, morally -I suppose. Then I started to feel bad for her.

19. Andrea Lazzaroni's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

20. The Angler's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

Neither the narrator, Bertrand, nor Guillaume, his "best friend", are likable, or sympathetic. Guillaume apparently ensnares the submissive Suzanne who becomes the object of pity and contempt for Bertrand. What does Suzanne see in these two boys? Are they using her, or she, them? It seems Suzanne's "career" is sexual. Perhaps she has learned to work the system, or does the system win in the end?

21. Maascha's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

22. chanandre's rating of the film Suzanne's Career

[Cinémathèque PT #: 35 mm] (2010)