1. Rebecca Lou's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

2. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

The Lower Depths for global teen orphans intercut with Hong Kong inspired violence along with heavily borrowed production design and an unfortunate score. Even killing for physical organ sales is played cute. Wasn't made for me in mind.

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

4. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

5. pandakuma's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

beautiful story and characters potrayed through magnificent rustic production designing. this film has it all to make us fall in love into it.

6. lazycalm's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

Actually it’s 3.5. I like this movie, unfortunately its philosophical scenes couldn’t beat the ridiculous parts. But that tattooing scene is simply beautiful :P.

7. purefault's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

Iwai Shunji is very skilled at creating such a raw and intricate story. Through all the grit, it still felt human. The characters felt real, and I still cared about them, even after the credits rolled. This film brought up so many emotions for me. The fact that this film is trilingual was a plus for me as well.

8. Rashed's rating of the film Swallowtail Butterfly

Ayumi Ito is magnificent, Iwai's storytelling is just top notch and fun. This movie is everything Slumdog Millionaire wanted to be and failed miserably at.