1. norman51227's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Better is more of a documentary than a movie. The documentary was okay but nothing to go crazy for. Sweaty Betty had 2 stories tied into the plot. The first was about to guys that grew up together named Rico and Scooby that know each other since the second grade. The other was a 1000 pound pig that was the unofficial mascot for the NFL team, the Redskins. The film seem to take course over one day.

2. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Not sure why this title is listed as a "documentary"; every article I've read about it says it isn't. The credits clearly state that they borrowed a dog named Cassie to play Kilmer. At any rate, 4 stars for doing something so unique, and I wish I could find an interview with the filmmakers. I really want to know what their intent was, and I won't try to guess.

3. Blakevon's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Betty follows the lives of four African American men and their journey to better themselves and their situation. Sweaty Betty had potential, potential to be a great film about the animality that remains within man; fighting for survival. However it seemed to go off into its own never ending storyline. While there was some meat on its bones, I don't think there was enough to warrant a full 90 minute film.

4. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

The animal in man. About as genuine as I've seen in a long while. I love it when film is used as a democratic idiom. The technology speaks in different ways. The anachronistic sound track for example. The lingering economy of edits. Just patient enough to let true colors fly.

5. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

This is a really interesting documentary, I specially liked the juxtaposition of the video and the music. What I liked the most is that this is such an intimate look into the lives or these ordinary citizens with extraordinary dreams.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

7. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Two stars for the insight into a reality that is very far from my own. However, it's unfocused (figuratively, and in a couple of places literally) and has only the faintest of stories to tell, neither of which is strong enough to carry a movie. It feels like an overly-long film school project.

8. thelastronaut's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Raw and alive. Due to its immediacy it feels more energetic than most movies out of Hollywood.

9. crystal meff's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

10. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sweaty Betty

Starts off quite interesting, as there are some nice honest moments captured here, however it quickly meanders into a rambling mess. The editing is pretty awful and the sound design and sound editing is also quite bad. The failure is in the filmmakers not being able to figure out what kind of story they want to tell and how to tell it. It becomes a mish-mash of unconnected stories with no real throughline.