1. raquel_ag's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

2. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Impressively unwholesome - which extends to Burton's unapologetic breast fixation, which feels especially queasy with Jayne Wisener's baby-faced Johanna! I'm not entirely convinced that Sondheim's work suits film. 'Sweeney Todd' starts Burton's trend of films which look both filthy and shiny at the same time. Unusually for Burton it is not a higgledy-piggledy film. It is all of-a-piece. But it is deeply unlovable.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Who can hate this morbid Gothic splatter musical that makes me smile from ear to ear without blood pulsating through my throat. The casting of this movie is pitch perfect with Johnny Depp looking like the bastard love child of the Bride of Frankenstein and Jack the Ripper. Alan Rickman also steals every scene he is in as the real villain of the piece.

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

A masterpiece. Brilliant gothic romance. The cinematography is breathtaking, especially the last scene and frame (perhaps not the very last, the one with the two lovers embracing in their deaths)

6. Byron N's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Goddammit Tim, must you ruin *everything* that's good? The original production and score are brilliant and nuanced, balancing subtle notes of humor and horror, tenderness and savagery, lightness and dark, often within singular characters. Burton just suffocates it all in black tar and stage blood with all the sophistication and discernment of a 13-year-old suburbanite. Plus your nepotistic actors can't bloody sing.

7. bilalsahin's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

8. wiwitaek's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

While Tim Burton still household name

9. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Anche se volessi ignorare il fatto che non amo i musical, temo che questo sia il film Burton/Depp che mi è piaciuto di meno, in assoluto. Ripetitivo, noioso, un horror non davvero horror con veli di humor non davvero humor.

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

In this Tim Burton's sixth collaboration with Johnny Depp, you'll get a thrilling musical movie. Love the gothic style of Burton. Not a fan of the music, but it's perfectly matched to its storyline. I like this movie when it come to the scene where Mr. Todd cut the throat of his customers...

11. jonnyboy69's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Tim Burton brilliantly translated this amazing musical to the screen, and it is one of his very best. The acting, the make up, the art design, and of course Stephen Sondheim's absolutely stunning music make for a wicked horror musical concoction, and by the end I'm literally left breathless.

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

It certainly looks good, and everyone does a good job, but Tim Burton's movies interest me less and less the older I get.

13. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Un personaggio interessante ed una splendida direzione della fotografia finiscono per essere trascinati a fondo da un mare di difetti. La snervante ripetitività della sceneggiatura fa sembrare ancora più vuoto un soggetto di per sé molto povero, che non fa altro che offrire allo spettatore la stessa scena da inquadrature diverse. Terribile

14. Crina Cătălina Bucur's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

15. André Vieira's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I wanted to burn my copy of the movie while I was watching this. That's not a good sign. Despite that I dug the revenge that fuels the main character.

16. nicolecahali's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

17. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

18. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I appreciate the direction Burton took with this one because he managed to suppress his animated aesthetic and deliver something both whimsical and extremely twisted; having seen the play in high school, this adaptation did justice to the Broadway original.

19. kris's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I didn't expect to like this, surprisingly good, dark and enjoyable.

20. ughchenausea's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

21. SiIencio's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Despite Burton's artistic eye for the macabre the film struggles to impress on the musical end which coincidently is one of the cornerstones of the film. If we add to this the fact that nobody in the cast can sing for their own lives, then the experience is tortuous. The film focuses on the weakest talent of everyone concerned and that is far away from originality on a take on a recognisable Broadway musical.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I really enjoyed this, a breath of life in a sea of late-career Burton misfires.

23. ikkini's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Tim ? T'as fait une indigestion des derniers Walt Disney ?

24. antibody's rating of the film Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

← Previous 1 3 4