1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Sweet Bean

kawase doesn't let her characters be defined by their conditions (suffering, illness, death), she shows them in a variety of their actions, feelings, existence. it's a wonderful approach not only for a filmmaker, but for a human being.

2. João CC.'s rating of the film Sweet Bean

If instead of japanese, we had american actors, everyone would call this shit a travesty

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Sweet Bean

Humanist movie with beans and wind as lead characters. Strongly but really strongly recommended. That's what Cinema is about.

4. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Sweet Bean

Una forza lieve nella signora Toku, alla prima parte, più leggera e gastronomica, ne segue una maggiormente drammatica e filosofica. Nonostante la forza dei temi trattati rimane un film leggero

5. Elena's rating of the film Sweet Bean

6. grassybrownie's rating of the film Sweet Bean

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Sweet Bean

7.4/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3dJ "a potently therapeutic melodrama, a tad errs on the side of sentimentality."

8. Ogtoma's rating of the film Sweet Bean

That momment when everyone in the theater crying. Even a strong man can't hold his strength and let his emotion flows. A Naomi Kawase film in a super big screen. How could I miss it ? The best film at Japanese film festival. Worth every penny for it. I haven't cried for so long until watching this film.

9. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Sweet Bean

"Nous sommes nés pour regarder et pour écouter ce monde. Alors, même sans réussir dans la vie, nous... pouvons trouver un sens à notre existence." Tokue aka la formidable actrice Kirin Kiri dans le sublime "Les delices de Tokyo", réalisé par Naomi Kawase. Ou comment la préparation de la pâte de haricots rouges confits nous rappelle à notre humanité. A mijoter patiemment.

10. biancamotta's rating of the film Sweet Bean

4,5 so simple, so beautiful.

11. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Sweet Bean

Замість надгробків - дерева.

12. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Sweet Bean

Naomi Kawase is a Bodhisattva who chose to forgo nirvana in order to give us this movie.

13. Matutinal Steel's rating of the film Sweet Bean

I have a serious weakness for movies about surrogate families, and Sweet Red Bean Paste is one of the very best.

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film Sweet Bean

15. Mouraz's rating of the film Sweet Bean

16. Ale/M's rating of the film Sweet Bean

17. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Sweet Bean

18. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Sweet Bean

Everything in this world has a story to tell...

19. Marti Penla Pranz's rating of the film Sweet Bean

20. Endre's rating of the film Sweet Bean

Sentimentality up before sunset.

21. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Sweet Bean

22. mlstrx's rating of the film Sweet Bean

didn't expect much from this since i'm not really a fan of kawase, but this was really good!

23. naive3's rating of the film Sweet Bean

loved this one. It was very heavy and lighthearted at the same time :)

24. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Sweet Bean