1. J. O.'s rating of the film Sweet Virginia

Expected a refreshing (and critically acclaimed) thriller, was dealt a plodding, average drama with some moderately dark moments. Pathetic dialogue, bad decisions, under-cooked relationships, a climax that simply fizzles - its like a Pinterest, borrowing images from all the best thrillers but never having its own identity. The most beautiful and notable moments were the rodeo montages.

2. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

My particular praises go to the awesome performances by Abbot and Bernthal, as well as for the disturbing music score by the talented Brooke and Will Blair.

3. OLIVER-J's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

nothing new, perhaps a little on the nose at times but a confidently made film. cinematography is very strong and Christopher Abbot's performance is gripping.

4. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

An effective enough Coen-esque crime spiral that lacks their clarity or cut, but gains something from tis shaggyness and humanity.

5. Polyglot's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

What kind of hitman drives a Pontiac?

6. Alex's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

7. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

No idea what that other reviewer is on about. Yeah, Hell or High Water was limp. Here we have an actual film. Blue Ruin etc

8. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Sweet Virginia

I don't get the hype - Variety called it "an exceptional indie thriller". Like Hell or High Water, it's a modern day western replete with neo noir clichés. "One of the gnarliest and most unsettling movies we’re likely to get this year." (Peter Debruge). More like an average slice of Americana, with a dash of Fargo and No Country For Old Men. Underwhelming.