1. El Biffo's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Exuberant, wicked teenage trash! Tarantino could only dream of being this good. Director Jack Hill's credits include: Coffy, Foxy Brown, Spider Baby, and many more terrific pictures. This ridiculous high school exploitation film is surprisingly entertaining and the outfits/hairstyles PURE 1975!

2. Thomas's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

3. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

It talks about youth rebellion, civil rights movements and sex abuse in a casual and original approach. It takes gang flicks to another level, without losing the "cheap" and light aspect of this kind of genre. A one of a kind.

4. mattywuh's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Great and terrible all at once. The acting is consistently the latter.

5. gramsci13's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

trashy, cheesy and great fun

6. 'king Harold's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Bloody brilliant, love the shirts. Ponciest male gangs I've ever seen, the black communist girl gang is so cool. Reminded me of an episode of the Monkees for some reason. Passes the Bechdel test with flying colours! Makes you see how badly Tarantino fails.

7. Levi Miah's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Donut takes a lot of shit through this whole film, especially from whiny (and eventually mostly irritating) Lace. The best acting job comes from Joanne Nail, who gets a brutal character arc leading to a great final scene. This near feminist version of The Warriors is let down by some average cinematography and a lack of guts in the violence.

8. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Er, the acting was shocking wasn't it?.Legs Akimbo touring company has done better. On one hand the "chicks" are mere playthings to be used by the men, or militant knife wielding bitches in a foul mood. And I use the word men ever so loosely. Not for me you dig, loved the opening song tho.

9. baronvonchuck's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Terrible acting, casual rape, unlikeable characters, black Moaists going all Mad Max in the 'hood. Now I've seen everything. It was never boring, I'll give it that. So, basicaly Tarantino stole a character and made it his own in Kill Bill so calls it an influence. 2.5 as the soundtrack was spot on.

10. Clare's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

I don't know why I find this so compelling. The violence speaks to me: possibly the most exciting thing I have seen. Some absolutely brilliant moments. The "casualness" of the rape that kicks things off and the complexity of how that plays out in the main characters is an unusual portrayal of the harsh reality and unspoken ambiguity of the place of girls and women in society dominated by men.

11. ssolf's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

LET'S HAVE SOME BURGERS FOR THE LADIES

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Passable distraction spending too much time on the violent bits and not enough on the sociological/political bits. Setting could have been great as a social film. Probably mind blowing to sex/gender essentialists.

13. Mark Commode's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

14. Luca Prosperi's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

I fell in love at least 7 times.

15. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Shame the film wasn't about the female black Maoists. They were bad ass!!

16. Steve G.'s rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Quentin Tarantino has incredibly shit taste in films. This is probably one of the best ones he likes, and it's still not all that great.

17. Tja's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

"...a rare oddity..." No, just a load of sub-B movie weak plotting and bad acting mainly by knife and expletive-wielding women, sporting ridiculous NY accents and gum. Tarantino saw the Grand Canyon-sized gap in the market. Thank God. (I've watched this so you don't have to and nearly dialled 911 to arrest everyone involved.)

18. babycakesromero's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

cool cult chick flick, no, not that kind. if meg ryan popped up in this they would have sliced n diced her...

19. Viramati's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

20. alimcintyre's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Unfeasibly funny, implausible acting. Memorable for its sheer awfulness.

21. Ethan's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

This is another great feminist picture from the great Jack Hill who was deemed by Quentin Tarantino as the Howard Hawks of exploitation films. He didn't really make any films after this and that is a damn shame.

22. animalcalls's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Honestly? This movie is really good. It's hard to deny a film with a shootout between a gang of capitalist pricks that dress like demented hippies and a gang comprised of tuff biker girls and an all-female, all-black communist militia. Yeah, sure, its got stiff acting and cheap production values, but the movie stays consistently ridiculous and fun. Plus, Joanne Nail... yowza.

23. dave gunn's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Not as fun and cool as I'd hoped it'd be. I definitely laughed a little, but all the characters were such shitty people. It'd be interesting to see this remade with a girl gang that was actually empowered and progressive instead of just another hierarchy of bullies exercising power through fear.

24. mjgildea's rating of the film Switchblade Sisters

Some fun exploitation complete with bad acting even if its a little light on the smut. Ronnie Lee was cute but her Sarah Silverman baby doll voice added to the comedy. The shootout towards the end was like a deranged western. Actually, this whole movie felt like it was in some twisted miniscule low-budget fun otherworld. Switchblade Sisters is just a pile of dumb fun.