1. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

Had this film been in French it might have been seen as charming whimsy. However, in Hollywood's version of "British" English, it is an unamusing embarrassment. It's fascinating that Englishman Cary Grant was unable to do a Cockney accent even slightly - but we now know who Dick van Dyke took as his role model for Mary Poppins. At least Katherine Hepburn didn't even attempt an English accent.

2. Mattia Ricotta's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

3. le Gars's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

Drôle et sympathique ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

6. nessmj's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

a jocular inspection of gender and the role it plays in how the world interprets and projects itself onto us, as well as the struggles with ones sexuality in a, generally, more strict time. Misunderstandings in action and gender cause characters to really question themselves and their understanding of these supposedly strict roles.

7. elenagallen's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

8. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

9. chanandre's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

Skip acting school: see Katherine Hepburn acting and OWNING every single scene she is on. Hands down one of the All-time best performances I've ever seen on screen. She moved me to tears (beyond tears)...

10. Lydian's rating of the film Sylvia Scarlett

Highly engaging blend of screwball comedy and romantic melodrama, which takes its own genre defying path and ultimately becomes impossible to categorize.