1. martaag's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Absolutely a philosophical, ethical and stylistic dead-end, but you've never before seen this particular dead-end explored with such exacting forensic detail! It's an incredibly morbid film, almost to the point of making you feel ill yourself while watching it, but it is scrupulously honest and funny in a queasy, wrenching way. Kind of like if 'Being John Malkovich' wasn't fun.

3. BennyDurden's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

My favourite movie of all time!

4. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

5. teresa romã's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

It did the most, not in the good way.

6. jhubbs's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Doesn't quite get there, but it sure does try hard

7. AALC's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I loved gentle and melancholic tone. Characters were also great, lets say realistic. Even the plot itself was chaotic, the whole story was told in poetical and clever way, maintaining the same style and rhythm.

8. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

2.5 Crazy how Kaufman is a talented writer with nothing interesting to say who is always writing movies with self insert leads who are writers with nothing interesting to say yet he still somehow doesn't have enough self awareness to not write movies that try to be about all of existence.

9. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone.

10. Iunia Maria Covăsneanu's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

The movie wants to be more than it can deliver. The second half got cringy and overdrawn. It got "meta" in the wrong way, it tangled in itself and I know they were going for a "mind fuck" effect, but for me that was just cheap and sugary. When you want to say something big and profound, you need elegance and grace, you can't do it with tendrils of repeated, exaggerated dramas and with conveyor belt emotions.

11. lazyatom's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

The vast scope of the film neatly matches the vast production it captures; it's quite the journey.

12. João Biscaia's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I don't know why Kaufman feels like he has to explain his movies to us by the end of it, but I think I've gotten used to that. It's a nice film about being lonely.

13. blkrchs's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

14. PeterK94's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

This film is more interesting to listen to people talk about it then actually watch.

15. Chiasmi's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I like films that make me think as well as feel, this does both in spades.

16. DenoResandono's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I haven't read its synopsis when I was watching this movie. I watched it because there's Charlie Kaufman's name in it. It turned out - this movie was full of surprises. SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK is mindblowing. Director Charlie Kaufman builds a very unique world in his directorial debut. I think no one able to capture loss and sadness like he did. He made them very interesting. SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK is worth watching!

17. Several Giraffes's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Extremely well made, but I have subjective reasons for not liking it, mostly related to how cynical the message is. I would recommend to others, though.

18. F/K's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Something that will stay with you forever

19. MisterColo93's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

20. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Filme mais complexo no qual já pus olhos e refleti, até agora

21. spasmolytic's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I know there's something really deep going on here, I just don't know what it is.

22. João Ricardo's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

23. mikong's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

great screenplay. great hoffman. not so great film

24. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York