1. AALC's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I loved gentle and melancholic tone. Characters were also great, lets say realistic. Even the plot itself was chaotic, the whole story was told in poetical and clever way, maintaining the same style and rhythm.

2. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

2.5 Crazy how Kaufman is a talented writer with nothing interesting to say who is always writing movies with self insert leads who are writers with nothing interesting to say yet he still somehow doesn't have enough self awareness to not write movies that try to be about all of existence.

3. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone.

4. Iunia Maria Covăsneanu's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

The movie wants to be more than it can deliver. The second half got cringy and overdrawn. It got "meta" in the wrong way, it tangled in itself and I know they were going for a "mind fuck" effect, but for me that was just cheap and sugary. When you want to say something big and profound, you need elegance and grace, you can't do it with tendrils of repeated, exaggerated dramas and with conveyor belt emotions.

5. lazyatom's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

The vast scope of the film neatly matches the vast production it captures; it's quite the journey.

6. João Biscaia's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I don't know why Kaufman feels like he has to explain his movies to us by the end of it, but I think I've gotten used to that. It's a nice film about being lonely.

7. blkrchs's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

8. PeterK94's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

This film is more interesting to listen to people talk about it then actually watch.

9. Chiasmi's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I like films that make me think as well as feel, this does both in spades.

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I haven't read its synopsis when I was watching this movie. I watched it because there's Charlie Kaufman's name in it. It turned out - this movie was full of surprises. SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK is mindblowing. Director Charlie Kaufman builds a very unique world in his directorial debut. I think no one able to capture loss and sadness like he did. He made them very interesting. SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK is worth watching!

11. Several Giraffes's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Extremely well made, but I have subjective reasons for not liking it, mostly related to how cynical the message is. I would recommend to others, though.

12. F/K's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Something that will stay with you forever

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

14. Carolina Pereira's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Filme mais complexo no qual já pus olhos e refleti, até agora

15. spasmolytic's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

I know there's something really deep going on here, I just don't know what it is.

16. João Ricardo's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

17. mikong's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

great screenplay. great hoffman. not so great film

18. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

19. Diogo Costa's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

Very ambitious (much like the main character's play) but also very centered around its overly complicated symbolisms. I found myself often lost in this movie.

20. NUGA's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

If a madman wields a paint brush, firmly, head like an arrow you get a squared masterpiece. If a madman wields the bucket he will paint the walls. This is an exercise on miss-communication, death, life, whatever the fuck you want. To make of the surreal a canvas of unconscious consciousness is to make ideology the idea of fact. Symbolism is to strengthen the idea of the art not to make the art the idea.

21. Vincent T's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

22. soymilky's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

so dull, so droney, so unnecessary

23. smndvdcl's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

24. gld48's rating of the film Synecdoche, New York

one of the most uncomfortable and unglamorous films you'll ever see. but it's my favorite film. Kaufman struggles to work now because of this film, it did not go down well with the majority. but it's hysterical and profound and hideous. there's nothing like it. one of the best scripts ever written. phillip seymour hoffman's best role too.