1. Ethan's rating of the film Syriana

This film is like Traffic for Big Oil featuring a stellar performance from George Clooney and a very well written and edited film.

2. Thomas's rating of the film Syriana

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Syriana

"Corruption is why we win". Whilst 'Jihadis' (the literal meaning of the word 'to strive or apply oneself') are often castigated as the cause of problems in the Middle East, it is arguably symptomatic of imperial history, Machiavellian corporate hegemony and the marginalisation of developing nations. Diplomacy is a labyrinthine, minefield melting pot. The West are definitely complicit in this tragedy.

4. taniaburrito's rating of the film Syriana

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Syriana

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Syriana

Fascinating geopolitical thriller with a strong punch of relevance. I'm immensely appreciative of Clooney's choices and how he uses his status to elevate certain worldwide occurrences.

7. chaouiaj's rating of the film Syriana

Definitely George Clooney's best performance. He makes himself totally vulnerable, plus, I dig the weight and beard that he put on/grew for the part.

8. Tigrão's rating of the film Syriana

awful, cliché, boring, stupid, and one of the worst screenwriting lesson ever made....

9. drmishello's rating of the film Syriana

Really didn't like. It's pointless.

10. Wes Lyons's rating of the film Syriana

. . . I'm still not really sure what I just watched.

11. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Syriana

12. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Syriana

One of the greatest movies ever made against the current. Takes a great deal of courage to make a movie like that.

13. Zach Closs's rating of the film Syriana

Feeling lost watching "Syriana?" No more lost than its characters, I'd imagine, which is intentional. A labyrinth, lavish, thoughtful poem about corporate greed, hidden motivations and utter helplessness at the complications of one of our greatest modern issues. "Corruption is why we win."

14. Christopher A. Cook's rating of the film Syriana

This film feels like a wasted opportunity, they did have alot of interesting idea running around, but nothing really came together in a satisfying way. What was Wright doing? I love the actor so I was interested in his character but nothing really happened. The movie was boring, and when the moments it wasn't is few and far between. A movie can hold my attention if I'm engaged but I found myself drifting throughout.

15. Daniel Montiel's rating of the film Syriana

Syriana is an astonishingly well made political thriller that basically ignores any preconceive notion of what action and climax means and how it unfolds on american cinema in favor of facts, data and yes, a very very complicated web of intrigue, misinformation, relationships and a familiar sense of doom thanks to its topicality and an elegant, uncompromising style. Everything is great.

16. SALESK's rating of the film Syriana

incomprehensible; awful. a labyrinthian, globe-trotting mess that wastes its stellar cast on oded exposition and ideological diatribes. interesting as a combination of bush-era kneejerk & 2000s interconnected/non-linear "web" screenwriting (globalism, yadda yadda--see also: BABEL). well-intended seriousness. well shot.

17. Larissa's rating of the film Syriana

Eu lembro que gostei desse filme, não me lembro o que ao certo. Clooney? hmm

18. localdjango's rating of the film Syriana

watched this without subtitles. don't know if it's any more comprehensible with them... doubt it. the movie works as kind of an extreme parody of incomprehensible political thrillers..

19. mixn's rating of the film Syriana

Might have to re-watch this one, especially after what Crazysphinx wrote.

20. FailedImitator's rating of the film Syriana

What Alexander said. Made a lot more sense the second time around.

21. CJ Roy's rating of the film Syriana

It was nice of the Academy to give George a pity Oscar seeming as how he lost his other two nods that evening.

22. Yashoda's rating of the film Syriana

slightly incomprehensible but i loved it anyway.