1. Corrado Agnello's rating of the film Taboo

2. fleur de chair's rating of the film Taboo

This was almost good. I am really tired of period pieces in which compelling production design comes at the expense of a script that actually makes sense, especially one that tries to impress by being "DARK." The whole thing is a male power fantasy with dubious and unnecessary occult overtones, and a plot of political intrigue that builds to very little. Tom Hardy still looks good to me. Not your worst time waster.

3. Richard Tines's rating of the film Taboo

Great gloomy atmosphere, and Tom Hardy plays the brooding antihero brilliantly...i worry, tho, that such an obviously talented actor like Hardy will become frozen in typecast ice...maybe he should do a musical, like Brando did with "Guys and Dolls"....just throwing that out there...

4. Claudia Negrea's rating of the film Taboo

Has the potential of a very good story, but it feels like they just wanted to build up some suspense that didn't really lead to anything as interesting as it was expected. However, entertaining enough to watch it, mostly thanks to the actors and characters

5. mootz15's rating of the film Taboo

Like a Guy Ritchie Sherlock adaptation without any of the jokes. Hardy pulls his weight but the script is too shoddy and simplistic.

6. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Taboo

S1, E1-8: This is an excellent blend of, let's say, 'Peaky Blinders', 'Jack The Ripper', 'The Ninth Gate'. An excellently made movie with a perfect mix of mystery-thriller-action-drama elements, packed with violence, death, greed & a lot of surprising twist & turns. And of course: Tom Hardy at it's best. Top performances of all cast. Although there are some inconsistencies, it doesn't matter at all. Masterpiece.

7. kyeo's rating of the film Taboo

8. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Taboo

Începe intens și misterios, ai impresia că va urma un neo-noir îmbibat de romantismul lui Byron... însă treptat această poveste este exagerată până la superlativ, pieptănată precum un model anorexic de pe o copertă glossy și forțată să mai scoată un sezon - care probabil va fi și mai prost. Sorry Tom.

9. grotesc's rating of the film Taboo

10. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Taboo

11. JoãoMoura's rating of the film Taboo

12. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Taboo

13. Ameille's rating of the film Taboo

14. Alex's rating of the film Taboo

15. Diderot's rating of the film Taboo

Tom Hardy is one of the most beautiful and compelling movie actors in the world, and this is as good a chance as any to just watch him silently exist on screen. It helps that the supporting cast are all excellent and the story interesting enough to keep you intrigued (though I was slightly disappointed with the series as a whole). I wonder if he'll ever team up with a really great director.

16. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Taboo

Best new series of 2017 so far. I hate period pieces, but this in many ways didn't 'feel' like your usual period tripe, and was atmospheric, dark, filmlike, and moody - not too dissimilar to The Knick. It is great we are seeing more series take the form of an extended film.

17. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Taboo

A hero we didn't even know we needed

18. nt_dlrn's rating of the film Taboo