1. mootz15's rating of the film Taboo

Like a Guy Ritchie Sherlock adaptation without any of the jokes. Hardy pulls his weight but the script is too shoddy and simplistic.

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Taboo

S1, E1-8: This is an excellent blend of, let's say, 'Peaky Blinders', 'Jack The Ripper', 'The Ninth Gate'. An excellently made movie with a perfect mix of mystery-thriller-action-drama elements, packed with violence, death, greed & a lot of surprising twist & turns. And of course: Tom Hardy at it's best. Top performances of all cast. Although there are some inconsistencies, it doesn't matter at all. Masterpiece.

3. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Taboo

Începe intens și misterios, ai impresia că va urma un neo-noir îmbibat de romantismul lui Byron... însă treptat această poveste este exagerată până la superlativ, pieptănată precum un model anorexic de pe o copertă glossy și forțată să mai scoată un sezon - care probabil va fi și mai prost. Sorry Tom.

4. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Taboo

5. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Taboo

6. JoãoMoura's rating of the film Taboo

7. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Taboo

8. Ameille's rating of the film Taboo

9. Alex's rating of the film Taboo

10. Diderot's rating of the film Taboo

Tom Hardy is one of the most beautiful and compelling movie actors in the world, and this is as good a chance as any to just watch him silently exist on screen. It helps that the supporting cast are all excellent and the story interesting enough to keep you intrigued (though I was slightly disappointed with the series as a whole). I wonder if he'll ever team up with a really great director.

11. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Taboo

Best new series of 2017 so far. I hate period pieces, but this in many ways didn't 'feel' like your usual period tripe, and was atmospheric, dark, filmlike, and moody - not too dissimilar to The Knick. It is great we are seeing more series take the form of an extended film.

12. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Taboo

A hero we didn't even know we needed

13. nt_dlrn's rating of the film Taboo