Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

1. knockkneed's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

poverty and time reign undivided

2. nein's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

I'm surprised that Flaherty didn't take his part in making this movie after all. It was as lame and unbearable as Nanook. WTF, Murnau?

3. Stevie's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Murnau's most beautiful film? Naturalistic and poetic elements combine to create this beauty. We can only imagine what Murnau would have done next in his career.

4. josé neves's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Cinematography by Floyd Crosby. "Desire" list: Matahi is his name and was immortalized in this film, and i wonder how much Murnau liked him because he makes us enjoy him immensely, by an absolutely telluric way in which his body and face are filmed, in erotic exponentiation.

5. Swag Yolo's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Along with Griffith, Murnau basically invented cinema, and it's a real shame that this was his lat film, since, unfortunately, he died so early, only counting 42 years. In Tabu, he crafted an amazing story that basically is an allegory to life and to the human being, followed by a marvelous score and by a powerful cinematography.

6. Hans Joachim's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

the real Tabu. Not the crap with the same title doing the fest circuit at the moment. I wish cinema were well again...

7. Jon's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Amazing, heartbreaking, gorgeous. One of cinema's first and greatest tragic love stories told with Murnau's characteristic technical mastery.

8. Florence's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

The original, makes you want to go on an island. much more dramatic ending than in gomez' tabou and to watch WITHOUT music!

9. Isilda Castro's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

One of the most beautiful stories, one masterpiece!

10. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

the shark who guards the oyster beds inspired Dino Buzzati's Il Colombre.

11. Gylfi's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

After I finished watching, I felt the same way as when I watced L'atalante. You just can't help but wonder what other masterpieces might have seen the light of day if Vigo and Murnau had not died so young.

12. chanandre's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

[Cinémathèque PT #131: 35 mm]> the silent film to end all silent-films.

13. Umberto L.'s rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

Not as expressionist as "Sunrise", yet surely as beautiful as a Gauguin that has come to life...

14. Dean Fernando's rating of the film Tabu: A Story of the South Seas

this film plays perfectly in synch. with DJ SHADOW'S "preemptive strike" minus the tracks 1. 4. 9. 10. and 11.. i suggest trying it sometime.. for those that have the time to kill...