1. miniemi's rating of the film Taipei Story

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Taipei Story

(Está disponible solo una pésima hasta donde sé). Sobre las fantasías y los posteriores desencantos. Dos personajes principales en la historia. Es la degradación personal al corriente con un nuevo cambio en Taiwan sobre la llegada de un nuevo orden económico. Un hombre aferrado a una cultura ajena (Yang vivió varios años en EEUU) y una mujer con un problema existencial que me recuerda mucho a Antonioni. El extravío.

3. Liviu Cozma's rating of the film Taipei Story

(3.5) This film is in dire need of a better copy for the common mortal to see. That would have probably changed the experience altogether.

4. waywardwaters's rating of the film Taipei Story

For the capital of a country divided between unification and independence, any dream of panacea is eviscerated amidst disposable careers, vacuous friends and consumerist isolation in a cimmerian wasteland of modernization. All relationships are as vacant as the commodified walls of a rented working space. A jock is buried in impotent rage with no future while a nerd becomes fodder for the machine with no history.

5. TakaAwesome's rating of the film Taipei Story

How do I see this? (And Yang's other hard to find films)

6. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Taipei Story

Heartbreakingly sad. Yang was so good at creating rich, perspicacious essays into modern urban life.

7. Brendan's rating of the film Taipei Story

Worth inclusion in the film canon if only for the fact that we get to see Hou Hsiao-Hsien passionately singing. I guess also because I found it very powerful and transcendental.

8. joey Noodles's rating of the film Taipei Story

'Look at these new cars, where did they come from?' Shattering, a great film from Edward Yang, my first exposure to his work and I am already seeing why people call him one of the masters. The attention to detail within subtle direction makes the emotions conjured by Yang overwhelming. HHH is great, I never thought of him as an actor but he does a fine job, but the city is the star of this one, really. 5/5

9. suddenmoves's rating of the film Taipei Story

Staggeringly, breathtakingly human portrait of two people trying to make good in a cold, inhuman city.

10. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Taipei Story

This film gets one extra star for having a Huey Lewis song in it, as if HHH karaoke wasn't enough!

11. Glemaud's rating of the film Taipei Story

Simply put, this isn't a film. This is a slice of life.

2 Next →