Per una migliore esperienza su MUBI, aggiorna il tuo browser.

1. Ghostman's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

Taking Woodstock is a fun, sincere, near-great comedic film by Ang Lee, who finally gets his chance to cut loose after so many tragic dramas. It's sort of a shame Demetri Martin didn't get bigger roles after this movie, he's pretty great here and the arc his character gets is done in a sensitive and compassionate way; two adjectives that describe the movie as a whole. [cont.]

2. paul_quixote's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

Loved the acid trip, how it's about "being a son", exploration of anti-semitism, Godard-ish long take through traffic, Dmitri Martin, every performance lol, when Elliot and his parents scare off the mafia, etc. It's an unabashedly hopeful coming-of-age tale that recognizes the power of darkness, e.g. allusion to Altamont, the unyielding primacy of $$$, and the permanence of Eliot's mom's pain (as well as its source).

3. Erica __'s rating of the film Taking Woodstock

4. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

This movie made me sad because i'll never be able to experience the magic of the original Woodstock. However, Burning Man got pretty close. One of my favorite Ang Lee films.

5. ViS's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

6. nargs_au's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

Very underrated film, wish it got more success.

7. Andrew Sax's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

8. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

9. absentmindednes's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

10. Mariana Branco's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

11. ijol's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

The only memorable scene was the acid trip.

12. Laura G.'s rating of the film Taking Woodstock

13. Nukasvianta's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

film yang membuat vian tahu apa itu LSD dan era emas tahun 1967 - 1970.

14. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

15. ΞRIC B∆Ɖ TASTΞ's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

choco-milk ♥ | what a huge crazy & fun mess...

16. benvanloon's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

17. Altero's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

" – It’s because we’re Jewish. I know it. Isn’t it? – Mrs Teichberg, Please. This is the Catskills. Half the population is Jewish, they’re all our clients. – Until the day they need you, and then on goes the gas!"

18. Edwin N's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

A frustratingly weak effort - what's the main point of Ang Lee's film ? Surely, it couldn't be a kaleidoscope of hippie life and liberalism in the 60s, they are simply portrayed as grass hoppers who get naked and wander like some Down's Syndrome 18 year-olds.

19. goeienag's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

20. airelaV's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

i loved the acid trip scene

21. Jossy Silva's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

22. Christian Helwig's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

Hat mir sehr gut gefallen, insbesondere Liev Schreiber (Manchurian Candidate) als Vilma. Gute Betrachtungsweise dieses historischen Ereignisses. Einzig die Kamera fand ich teilweise etwas uninspiriert.

23. madebydanlam's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

It was surprisingly good, especially with Demetri Martin's convincing performance and Imelda Staunton was great. Ang Lee mimics 70s documentary look with some distracting "real-time" spilt screens. Great cinematography, great story.

24. S. Singh's rating of the film Taking Woodstock

Certainly one of my favourite films. As well as my favourite from Ang Lee. I really enjoyed everything to this film and the characters were all well developed. The acid trip scene with Love was beautiful. 5 stars.