1. emanuela's rating of the film Tale of Tales

è una poesia in immagini alcune parti dovrebbero essere viste più volte

2. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Tale of Tales

I wouldn't call it the tale of tales, but it has a nice atmosphere.

3. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Tale of Tales

hard to follow but ultimately satisfying and mystically intricate

4. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Brilliant animation, mixing different styles and hand crafted techniques, though the symbolism can be vague at times, it plays sort of like Zerkalo, but with a fox that sings lullabies. Voted the best animated film, I had high hopes, so I was let down slightly when I didn't find it to be totally amazing. Still, quite nice & a little moving in parts (like the tango scene that contrasts with soldiers leaving for war).

5. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Tale of Tales

That tango... best use of song in cinema.

6. ninchok's rating of the film Tale of Tales

7. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Tale of Tales

10 - It's still hard for me to believe that Norshteyn managed to clear the insanely high bar that he set for himself with the superb "Hedgehog in the Fog", but that's exactly what the crazy bastard did. Every approbation lavished on that masterpiece is still as valid here, perhaps even more so, with the addition of a nonlinear narrative of astounding beauty and respect for the intellects and imaginations of children.

8. Vincent T's rating of the film Tale of Tales

bordering on excessive sentimentality and unrealized symbolism, the film succumbs to the director's infatuation with nostalgia. However, Norshteyn's talent for drawing is there, and the film still manages to have some lovely moments.

9. Freddie's rating of the film Tale of Tales

10. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Even if I'd rather call Totoro the greatest animated film, this and all of Norshteyn's work is imbued with a sense poetry that is completely enrapturing, Whereas Miyazaki seems better at capturing movement, Norshteyn's is the master of texture as all of his characters exude warmth and life better than any other. In addition, all his work should be mandatory if only to behold how he works with fire, water and light.

11. Kasun Surindu's rating of the film Tale of Tales

12. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Tale of Tales

This little film have heart and soul , breathtaking breathgiving

13. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Tale of Tales

★★★★ Soviet memories.

14. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Tale of Tales

What am I missing? I started watching it and didn't even bother to finish it.

15. Sally Rushbrook's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Definitely my favourite animated film of all time, in fact probably my favourite film. Everytime I watch its as if I am watching it for the first time and the meaning is never quite the same. Its something all films should aspire to.

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Absolutely beautiful! But I can't help but have the strange feeling that this served as influence to Lars von Trier when making Antichrist…

17. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Any way to see this other than through the poor quality rendering of youtube?

18. yulquen's rating of the film Tale of Tales

19. Francis Deckhaunt's rating of the film Tale of Tales

Maybe this is one of the best animated films I've ever seen. Pure poetry...to be rewatched immediately.

20. Chaya's rating of the film Tale of Tales

I couldn't help but think of Tarvosky in its encapsulation of memory. This is a beautiful gem, Norstein is a fantastic artist. I can't wait till The Overcoat is finished.

21. Chambord's rating of the film Tale of Tales

A little jewel whose warmth and delicacy are overwhelming. Nostalgia - this little grey wolf from mother's lullaby - follows and guards us thru darkness, klaxons and snows... The pic has that gentle chromatic of old russian slide projectors from my childhood, dressing up an innocent, un-bunuelian surrealism.

22. Vlietronium's rating of the film Tale of Tales

I loved it. I can't wait to see his other stuff or for the overcoat to come out. Instantly my favorite animated film I have seen.

23. AlexanderKR's rating of the film Tale of Tales

I see this maybe growing on me over time.

24. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film Tale of Tales

"it is such stuff as dreams are made on"