1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Tampopo

2. ConorKennedy's rating of the film Tampopo

A delightfully sweet film full of charm and energy that had me saying, “what the fuck?” a few different times. The narrative weaves in and out from the main characters occasionally, and on to those around them, but it never breaks up the pace of things because the transitions are almost seamless. I loved the general silliness of it all.

3. DPach's rating of the film Tampopo

Really enjoyable film. Its not only fun and quirky but it also has a deeper level that can make one re think food altogether.

4. mahdis's rating of the film Tampopo

5. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Tampopo

Could you call it...a ram-com? Seriously, one of the most delightful filmic experiences I've had in a long time, or, ever, really. Kept me laughing, crying and catching chills throughout. Whether it's a foodie's love letter to film or a film buff's ode to food, it's just so grippingly charming...I found myself wanting more once it was over. Love the quirky little anecdote break-aways and the Western undertones!

6. Riddle, van, stellar's rating of the film Tampopo

the scheme is comfortably layered optimist opinion on the linkage of food to desire and humanity with a staggered pattern of subplots that contribute the more critical and entertaining respect to the film. but as the character stretch went on and on, the bounds went out and out.

7. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Tampopo

8. Dan's rating of the film Tampopo

A strange film about food and sex, food and death, food and love - food and everything. We all know that oysters are sexy but what about egg yolks? Or broth? Have you ever been turned on by noodles? You might watching Itami's film.

9. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Tampopo

"When it comes to eating ramen, we are all amateurs" is maybe the most beautiful food philosophy I can imagine.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film Tampopo

"La grande bouffe" version nippone qui se veut une satire des moeurs culinaires du pays mais qui, finalement hormis deux ou trois scènes, ennuie souvent ..... www.cinefiches.com

11. Jacob Bearchum's rating of the film Tampopo

So this is the best film I had never seen, I loved this so much.

12. A47's rating of the film Tampopo

Utterly ridiculously delicious.

13. omusubibi's rating of the film Tampopo

ramen is my girlfriend (that egg scene was yikes but god I love this movie)

14. Aida's rating of the film Tampopo

15. Max Chervin's rating of the film Tampopo

A very sumptuous take on food, cinema, sensuality, and human connectivity

16. Carina Dybevick's rating of the film Tampopo

More a compilation of shorts with the overarching theme of food than a movie, but fun nonetheless. This is a comical play on the spaghetti western, a ramen western if you will. The dramatic, physical acting accompanied by hilariously cheesy sound effects sincerely had me cracking up. I recommend this film to anyone who needs some weirdness in their life or wants to see some great shots of appetizing Japanese cuisine.

17. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Tampopo

Delectable in the strangest ways.

18. Luis Pires's rating of the film Tampopo

19. msmichel's rating of the film Tampopo

4K restoration. Itami's 'Tampopo' has lost none of its power to entertain, hunger and titillate in the thirty years since its release. Watching on the big screen with an audience was a delight even if one is famished before its completion. Along with 'Babbete's Feast' this is the film that created the foodie subgenre. Nobuko Miyamoto (Taxing Woman, Minbo) was simply a revelation here that one just has to fall for.

20. Michael Peer's rating of the film Tampopo

A film about love. Love of food. Love of romance. Love of cinema. Love of pleasure and taste sensations. Few films have the ability to make your mouth water, belly laugh, and move you to tears. Unconventional, zany, and at times unbelievaly ridiculous, Tampopo will leave a smile on your face and leaving asking for more. A Japanese gem and a perfect cinematic representation of the best bowl of ramen you've ever had.

21. anadyomene's rating of the film Tampopo

1. You need a master to teach you how to be affectionate toward a bowl of ramen. 2. Fight me, plebs! But let me finish my food first. 3. You may want to squeeze some lemon and salt to your lover's body or dip it in sour cream during pre-coital act. Anything but that raw-egg-yolk-kiss, thank you. 4. A walk along the shore may lead you to some fine oysters, and a pedophilic love encounter. Ah fuck the character limit.

22. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Tampopo

23. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Tampopo

One of the great non-narratives in the history of film. Simply connected through the human necessity to ingest, the stories are both ridiculous, and bizarrely relatable: the housewife who cooks One Last Meal, the Western spaghetti eater (not spaghetti western, although there's some of that too) and the Woman in the Grocery are standouts. Best viewed with a bowl of good ramen.

24. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Tampopo

I'll kill you if you make noise once the movie starts ! Understand? Hahaha...