1. Son Of Torgo's rating of the film Target

New perfectionism, or how to be in miserable in your own way.

2. Diderot's rating of the film Target

I'm still not entirely sure why the 20 year parting is supposed to be helpful. but this odd mixture of science fiction and Anna Karenina is decently enjoyable.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Target

What a strange and strangely fascinating film. I was drawn in immediately and stayed there throughout. The best of Russian cinema is always a journey and an exploration. You either go along for the ride, making discoveries as you go or you leave. The film doesn't really care one way or the other...but those who stay are always rewarded for their efforts.

4. Matthew Chuckran's rating of the film Target

I fell asleep twice trying to finish this movie.

5. Lily Parmenter's rating of the film Target

Was hoping this could be Tarkovsky meets Bunuel but I got so bored after an hour and a half I didn't make it to the end. There were some gorgeous shots, though, I took a bunch of screenshots.

6. Nick Potter's rating of the film Target

Filled with a lot of really fascinating ideas and concepts that just aren't backed up. Large spans of absolutely nothing, which could be forgiven if it weren't for the nonchalant violence, both physical and sexual, that seems to have no reason for being there either.

7. Sebastian Reetz's rating of the film Target

Incredible movie Story is super interesting. Costume and set design were weird and magnificent. Loved this one.

8. Blueangel33's rating of the film Target

Wow- so unexpected. A brilliantly shot and acted Russian psychological sci-fi?? So glad I took the plunge on this one... Was mesmerized by the graphite area of youth and trying to tease out the effects - whether good or ill on our main characters, a bunch of spoiled affluent bourgeoisie who got more than they bargained for on a lark. Loved the descent into squalor and fervor. Smart, jaded and fun. Thanks MUBI.

9. Saar's rating of the film Target

A little slow in the middle It will take a while for the characters to grow on you. Bear with it and enjoy, it's like Tolstoy. Long but at the end enjoyable and thought provoking.

10. Paulina Mashnik-Myung's rating of the film Target

This movie has a promising beginning but unravels and loses focus in its second half. Bizarre sex scenes, escalating and disturbing hysteria in several key characters and other distractions obscure the message of this unnecessarily long film, if there ever was any message.

11. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Target

Hard science fiction - dealing with reverse aging and the real issues of the discovery of an astrophysics particle detector in the vast siberian desert that somehow sends you emotionally and physically on a journey that drives you toward something like youth and lost sanity but to others to a greater awareness of span of life, time, and love although for some reason the dune buggy traffic sequences pissed me off.

12. olga wagner's rating of the film Target

All the previous reviews are true - the movie is beautiful but it lacks a point. It seems that the author was a big fan of Goddard, but couldn't pull off a disjointed story with jump cuts that would have a bigger meaning.

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Target

As we get older do we forgot how to enjoy ourselves? More importantly, what do you do when the happiness wears off? I think we're supposed to eat the rich because they clearly have no clue how to live their lives.

14. David Danforth's rating of the film Target

I gave up half way through. There is nothing to this film or its characters.

15. corativ's rating of the film Target

16. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Target

beautiful scenery, cinematography, art design & colors with an ok story/cast in this early futuristic decay; editing is shockingly bad and ruined any possibility for a special mood or insight

17. redux's rating of the film Target

Ignored today, classic tomorrow.

18. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Target

In the near future a small group of Russia's wealthy elite travel to a site where they believe aging can be halted. Their decadent, jaded lives become moreso. Their behavior becomes gradually more extreme as exemplified by sex which is invariably violent, demanding, and uncaring. Some are more affected than others. I wasn't affected at all. Didn't care what happened after the first hour at best.

19. dBainy's rating of the film Target

Many things are unknown in the future. But the human condition and behaviour will remain consant.

20. Corinne's rating of the film Target

Twister is the most popular game for adults in 2020.

21. Dagobert's rating of the film Target

A movie taking place in the future, but filmed like a Hitchcok from the 60'. A journey made of impressions...