1. HenriqueA's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

We'll miss Kiarostami a lot and The Taste of Cherry is the perfect melancholy film. Simple and profound in ways that are really hard to describe to people who haven't watched it.

2. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

No mother can fill her fridge with such a variety of fruit for her children. No mother can do as much for her children as God does for His creatures. You want to refuse all that? You want to give it all up? You want to give up the taste of cherries?

3. sahandmohajer's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

kiarostami achieves the impossible "putting viewer in the character's shoes" by the means of something more tangible: putting us in a car with him. And to watch birds take flight attentively through the eyes of the protagonist whose set on killing himself, to watch life on the outskirts of Tehran for one last time. Every shot becomes significant. In a film about suicide we experience what it is to be alive.

4. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

This film washes over you like a wave. Beautiful. I'm blown away by Kiarostami's philosophical style and refusal to adhere to any norms. A Palme d'Or winner, this really struck me as a "Cannes"-type film. Slow and melancholy. A bit of a slow burner. Roger Ebert hated-hated-hated it, said it was a huge bore. He was wrong. It happens.

5. angeldromero's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

An intimate film that reflects on life and death in a very poetic manner. Kiarostami's humanity feels very tangible in every single frame of this movie; images that won't ever leave my memory: the birds flying in the sky, the sunset, the chemtrails, the kids playing, etc.

6. kartikarg's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

sad and beautiful, typical abbas, he never draw a line, its all blurred

7. Rúben A. Jesus's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

8. lbunuel's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

My favorite Kiarostami. Everything here is sublime, from the perfect editing to the unrivaled sense of movement within and outside the characters to the seamless blending of the impulses of life and death.

9. nandafr's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

“Without the possibility of suicide, I would have killed myself long ago.”

10. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

me parecio una peli dirigida a un publico sensible pero 100% masculino. no pude empatizar con las emociones. aun asi creo que la peli era bella, linda foto del desierto, la inmensidad y de lo pequeñitos que son los hombres

11. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

I appreciate how much Kiarostami expects from the viewer. Yet, it wasn't until reading: http://sensesofcinema.com/2001/abbas-kiarostami-17/cherry/ that I fully appreciated this film. Maybe I would've unearthed its hidden gems on my own if I hadn't read this right after watching it, but the film is so subtle, if not secretive, about its true genius and anyway great regardless, so I don't think I would've bothered.

12. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

sometimes a film lays you bare and you are completely and utterly seen

13. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

"I've decided to free myself from this life... What for? It wouldn't help you to know and I can't talk about it. If I told you, you wouldn't understand. It's not because you don't understand but you can't feel what I feel. You can sympathize, understand, show compassion. But feel my pain? No. You suffer and so do I. I understand you, you comprehend my pain but you can't feel it."

14. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

15. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

Muita bom. :) Uma journey do desespero à salvação OU NÃO. decidam vocês pq o Abbas não vai dizer. Lindas imagens de terra, sombras, vidas, estrelas.

16. João Portalegre's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

I'll need to rewatch this in a few years time and give it a 5 then.

17. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

18. Bruno's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

What are the motives of Mr. Badii? What would my motives be? After all it is a movie, look, he's passing a cigarette to the director. And what about life, it is greater than movies after all - and is it worth it? so it got me thinking, amongst other things space won't allow for

19. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

This is a film that should be shown to people who are very anti-suicide. A person's desires for taking their own life are of no interest to you, they are only for the person taking their own life. And Kiarostami completely stuck the landing.

21. Ethan's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

This is a heartbreaking and intimate film about a man who just wants to end his life but finds that the kindness of strangers may just be enough to change his mind even if it is already made up. Pure cinema.

22. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

Roger Ebert called this movie "excruciatingly boring." He's not wrong, but I loved it?

23. FISCHER's rating of the film Taste of Cherry

D'un sujet terrible et pourtant essentiel à la fois, le metteur en scène Abbas Kiarostami nous propose une étonnante réflexion sur la vie... www.cinefiches.com

24. leirmx's rating of the film Taste of Cherry