1. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

didn't get a moment of sincerity here. expectations were high. fail

2. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Since Panahi has been banned from making movies he has had to specialise in examining the boundaries of movies as a form of art. He moves somewhere between fact and fiction, documentary and acting, and everything he does takes a political character. In “Taxi” the political issues of current Iran are laid bare especially in the last discussions. Panahi isn’t afraid, or he simply refuses to let it affect his doings.

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

4. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

5. aliasgenius's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Really glad this was recommended to me. 4/5

6. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

7. Daishi's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

I feel this is not document, but massage is simple and storong.

8. abyantama's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Film pintar dari sutradara yang pintar (8/10)

9. mac le mac's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

A scary moment in this film: when Panahi thinks he hears the voice of his interrogator. He gets out of the car and looks skittishly around, as though he's suddenly back in prison, waiting for more torture. It's a succinct PTSD moment that shows how little sights & sounds in an otherwise "normal" day trigger memories of terrible abuse. Horrible to think how many people the US has tortured & left in the same condition.

11. Hayat's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

warm warm warm. So human.

12. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

The very question pops up every time when we see a masterpiece: Can movie-making gets more subtle than this?

13. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

14. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

15. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

All of life in one taxi cab. You can feel the risk and passion of Panahi emanating from every frame. Film as defiance! Also: the rose for the people of cinema gesture is a beautiful statement--we see beauty and hope in a dismal world. We keep trying.

16. Gonçalo Loureiro's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

17. gabyg's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

"You're impossible, my dear uncle. When you're out with a lady as distinguished and cultivated as I, one should first invite her to drink an iced coffee, and only then should one engage in conversation."

18. Luz Sabina's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Grande...las circunstancias...el cine.

19. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

An obvious, but good, companion piece to Abbas Kiarostami's Ten (both use the same conceit of being shot almost entirely with dashboard cams inside a car), yet not quite as good as that masterpiece. More drama unfolds in this movie, but to less emotional and intellectually provocative effect, which is not to say this film is lacking really. It just does to less affect what has been done before.

20. DSPRKY's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Is directing a crime? Panahi takes a look in this wryly funny film. At first I worried it would be derivative of Kiarostami's Ten, but as Taxi progresses, it finds its own route through Tehran's (dangerous—stay in one lane, Jafar!) streets. The arrival of the precocious niece is when things get really good.

21. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Interesting cinema. Intriguing as well. I have visited Iran several times and even shook hands with the director. I love good Iranian cinema. Yet, Taxi is not among my top favourites from Iran, though it was a delight. My reasons for my initial observations are at https://letterboxd.com/jugu/film/taxi-2015/

22. firatssonmez's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Jafar Panahi kralsın. İzleyin izlettirin. Nasrin Sotoudeh'e de selam olsun :)

23. Kenji's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

Second viewing confirms this is a masterpiece; engrossing, surprising, with Kiarostami-esque fact-fiction blurring and layering, but more layers still- like the nod to Kiarostami's Ten, the conditions the film has to be made in, and above all, Panahi's defiant courage.

24. fonzie's rating of the film Jafar Panahi's Taxi

totally in love with his niece!

← Previous 1 3 4