1. mahdis's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

Sissy boys of the world unite!

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2wR

4. James Mackin's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

The first time I saw this, I was watching it in class, and a friend had to lean over to me and whisper, almost exasperated "it's going to be alright." And all I could think was "no it isn't, it's never going to be alright."

5. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

"Bad and the Beautiful explicity makes of filmmaking an artistic, passionaite, soul-crushing labor." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/09/episode-29-vincente-minnelli-melodramas.html

6. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

This just might be the greatest movie I've ever seen, each moment, each gesture, each set & scene, each movement, each strand of light endlessly expressive, subtle & true. Its response to patriarchalism is as powerful as any I've seen in cinema. Every facet of this movie reverberates with meaning. Space here, the world, an arena of immense emotionality. Watch D.Kerr's hands, the wind, windows, the countless miracles.

7. P.P.'s rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

Beautiful lighting and storytelling. The bullying scenes were terrifyingly realistic. Its a shame Minnelli didn't go all the way with the subtext, but I guess film code restrictions were to blame

8. o_oo's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

9. ZYNAB's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

toxic masculinity: the movie

10. Nate Merritt's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

"I'm always falling in love with the wrong people," he sighs. "Who isn't?" she replies. For some, that exchange describes the history of desire.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

Weakened yet still worthwhile adaptation of the Anderson play that exists as more of an artifact on 1950's morales/attitudes on queer identity than anything to give more credence too. Minnelli makes a strong cinematic potrayal that had to be compromised between stage and screen due to the 'codes' of the time period. Deborah Kerr quite memorable here in her potrayal of the neglected and caring headmasters' wife.

12. Emily O's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

13. MarcH's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

A daring film for that most uptight of eras.

14. roujin's rating of the film Tea and Sympathy

One of the most emotionally devastating films ever. It might be Minnelli's best.