1. FISCHER's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

Etonnant petit film thaï, entre western parodique et brillant mélodrame ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

Loony in the best senses. Several scenes had me jumping out of my seat with delight. Why more filmmakers don't play and revel in the medium like this is beyond me,

3. Zac Weber's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

This oddball Western seems so invigorating at first. I don't think I've seen anything like it, from the mix of genres to the incredible color palette. Still, there was a point where I felt worn down by the parodic style.

4. T Mills's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

What is so fascinating about this movie is the way it balances the ridiculous and sincere so well. Though outlandish at times, it's also effectively romantic and the ending is powerful. I'm stunned by the ability to capture both of those styles in one film. Obviously, the visuals are breathtaking.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

I am sorry, but Tarantino would only WISH to be able to create a masterpiece like this one; which owes itself more to 50's/60's thai and oriental action films to what one could assume western film could have contributed to it.

6. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

ughhhhh. God this soundtrack was unbearable, ironic for the first 10 minutes. After I got over the colors everything became completely unwatchable. Like the schlock that comes out of 24 hour film festivals, just made feature.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

I appreciate the sincerity of this vision. It's not like the cool/jaded/detached vision of Django Unchained. I liked the Thai flavoring with the singing sad love songs. It's a fulfillment of the Buddhist notion that life is suffering.

8. MountainStateJake's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

the colors are wonderful but the story never lives

10. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

technicoloured thai spahettti westernn!

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

This film would not deserve the score here if it wasn't for the fact that it is so different in image and light in tone without being overly simplistic.

13. Criss Fletcher's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

The colours and sets really make this film. The style is at the centre of a Live Action/Manga/Spaghetti Western Venn diagram. I don't know whether I'm blown away or laughing out loud. Unfortunately, by the time you've become accustomed to the very creative vision, the plot and acting aren't enough to carry the rest of the film. Watch it just to be inspired, then never let it happen again.

14. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

A weird kind of pop art movie - everything seems to be possible at the same time: horses, cars, revolvers, bazookas: I loved the artificial colours, the use of different visual qualities (especially in the memory sequences) and the ironic moments. And I loved the iconic and musical references (the latter in spite of the horrible synthesized score).

15. Mohamad Sobhy's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

And there's something about Stella Malucchi's voice

16. Greg S.'s rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

There's some great ideas here. Sensory memory by use of colors tying together childhood memories with adulthood. Showcasing being a hero as essentially juvenile and cartoony, depicted as just a quest to recapture a handful of happy moments in a lifetime of hardships. Sounds great, but the filmmaker doesn't seem to trust the audience enough for the plot not feel labored during the talkier scenes. A fun experiment.

17. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

The type of movie that makes you believe in cinema once more.

18. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

Sensory overload. There should be more Thai westerns.

19. ijol's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

turquoise and magenta made a mesmerizing color tone indeed.

20. mpho3's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

"supported by exciting music"? the music was horrid and wearisome.

21. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Tears of the Black Tiger

seems style took over story in this one--therefore, ultimately ineffective use of style