1. Deiner's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Reading some of the comments here, it seems that many people are very harsh on this movie. Personally speaking, I loved it. The story was engaging and I loved how it navigated successfully between drama and comedy and how Brooks avoided turning the characterds into caricatures and instead took time to develop them as likeable but ultimately flawed people. The acting is brilliant, Winger and MacLaine in particular.

2. dottor caligari's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

3. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

4. truffraud's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

6. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

7. mpho3's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

When this came out dramadies were less box office prevalent than they've been in recent decades, therefore it was a bit novel when it was released. TOE is well-scripted and candid about some then-taboo topics (cancer, infidelity, aging) and the cast do their jobs with aplomb - perhaps then a great film for the time. But times have changed and ouch that wretched score.

8. Landen Celano's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Well, that took a sharp turn.

9. João Rocha's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

A emotional movie where connection between characters and public doesn't exist.

10. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Terms of Endearment

11. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

One of the worse scores in film history. It undoubtedly brings the film and its magnificent participants down.

12. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Un filme que de hecho apunta al drama gratuito, pero que a pesar no subestima al espectador. Es ese carisma de los actores (McClein y Nicholson) pero sobre todo ese tratamiento entre los personajes. Hay una química de amor odio que siempre ronda en estos. Es la madre a la hija, la madre al vecino, la hija al esposo, la hija al hijo. Es como una cadena que se hereda o se contagia. Son personajes temerosos.

14. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Debra Winger and Shirley Maclaine are brilliant in this film. Absolutely brilliant. I can't put into words how much I love this movie.

15. elle ober's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Give my daughter the shot.

16. sandracine's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Garrett shows up at the hotel, looks up and says simply "Aurora", he climbs the stairs to her, and she finally allows herself to weep for her dying daughter, I bawled like a baby. Schmaltz and all, this is one of my favorite films. Extraordinary talent created relationships that were totally honest. MacLaine and Nicholson are perfection together; the comedy is as good as the drama. I love Brooks' writing.

17. Thomas Mariani's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

I'm a sucker for James L. Brooks. The man knows how to craft clever yet emotionally honest characters who feel like heightened versions of real people. While I enjoy Broadcast News more, this isn't too far behind it.

18. Ally's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

The only part that struck an emotional chord with me was the, "Give my daughter the shot!" scene. In the end I find myself without a connection to any of the characters and left questioning, "This was nominated for... how many Oscars?"

19. Riesca Amallia's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

20. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

There's nothing bad about it, but there's nothing great either. It's pretty solid.

21. ACOMPLETEUNKNOWN's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Starting my day with watching it was a good idea. The great performances, the good transitions from funny to sad, the very pretty outfits and dresses of MacLaine. I just hate how much it made me weep, but just because a movie makes you cry, doesn't mean it's no good. I just have a weakness for family movies.

22. comeandsee's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

A tour de force of emotionally sensitive acting, witty screenwriting and tearfully climatic endings.

23. earman's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Shirley MacLaine is a great actress and she absolutely owns this film with her performance as Aurora. This film is a tear jerker but it earns our sympathy with great acting and well developed characters. This film is about the importance of family and a significant other. This film is an emotional roller coaster that has a lot of wisdom in the details.

24. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Oscar surely love tear-jerker movies.