1. Aardsy's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

The score swells with my disinterest.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Probably top three best picture winners, and all I can think about is how fucked it would be to do a double feature of it with Ordinary People.

3. FCC 86's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

"Impatient boys sometimes miss dessert"

4. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Off-beat, as they say. All of the characters are pretty odd, hard to relate to. This makes it interesting. I love Debra Winger in this, although the Oscars went to Nicholson and MacLaine. The soundtrack is horrible.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Realistic drama that is funny everytime Jack Nicholson is around. Many tragi-comedies has repeated this formula to death since.

6. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

I'm curious to what extent Scorcese and Schoonmaker were influenced by James L. Brooks -- I can see in TERMS and in BROADCAST NEWS their mid-era GOODFELLAS style of pacing, condensing of time, fragmented moments that nevertheless stand as full short films in themselves. That team's films, along with those two films by Brooks, stand as some of the sharpest, most well-paced American films ever made.

7. Deiner's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Reading some of the comments here, it seems that many people are very harsh on this movie. Personally speaking, I loved it. The story was engaging and I loved how it navigated successfully between drama and comedy and how Brooks avoided turning the characterds into caricatures and instead took time to develop them as likeable but ultimately flawed people. The acting is brilliant, Winger and MacLaine in particular.

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

idk I thought this was lame even compared to most best picture winners.

9. dottor caligari's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

10. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

11. truffraud's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

12. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

13. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

14. mpho3's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

When this came out dramadies were less box office prevalent than they've been in recent decades, therefore it was a bit novel when it was released. TOE is well-scripted and candid about some then-taboo topics (cancer, infidelity, aging) and the cast do their jobs with aplomb - perhaps then a great film for the time. But times have changed and ouch that wretched score.

15. Landen Celano's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Well, that took a sharp turn.

16. João Rocha's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

A emotional movie where connection between characters and public doesn't exist.

17. S.J.B.'s rating of the film Terms of Endearment

18. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

One of the worse scores in film history. It undoubtedly brings the film and its magnificent participants down.

19. Ieva's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

20. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Un filme que de hecho apunta al drama gratuito, pero que a pesar no subestima al espectador. Es ese carisma de los actores (McClein y Nicholson) pero sobre todo ese tratamiento entre los personajes. Hay una química de amor odio que siempre ronda en estos. Es la madre a la hija, la madre al vecino, la hija al esposo, la hija al hijo. Es como una cadena que se hereda o se contagia. Son personajes temerosos.

21. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Debra Winger and Shirley Maclaine are brilliant in this film. Absolutely brilliant. I can't put into words how much I love this movie.

22. elle ober's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Give my daughter the shot.

23. sandracine's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Garrett shows up at the hotel, looks up and says simply "Aurora", he climbs the stairs to her, and she finally allows herself to weep for her dying daughter, I bawled like a baby. Schmaltz and all, this is one of my favorite films. Extraordinary talent created relationships that were totally honest. MacLaine and Nicholson are perfection together; the comedy is as good as the drama. I love Brooks' writing.

24. Thomas Mariani's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

I'm a sucker for James L. Brooks. The man knows how to craft clever yet emotionally honest characters who feel like heightened versions of real people. While I enjoy Broadcast News more, this isn't too far behind it.