1. Ally's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

The only part that struck an emotional chord with me was the, "Give my daughter the shot!" scene. In the end I find myself without a connection to any of the characters and left questioning, "This was nominated for... how many Oscars?"

2. Riesca Amallia's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

3. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

There's nothing bad about it, but there's nothing great either. It's pretty solid.

4. ACOMPLETEUNKNOWN's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Starting my day with watching it was a good idea. The great performances, the good transitions from funny to sad, the very pretty outfits and dresses of MacLaine. I just hate how much it made me weep, but just because a movie makes you cry, doesn't mean it's no good. I just have a weakness for family movies.

5. comeandsee's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

A tour de force of emotionally sensitive acting, witty screenwriting and tearfully climatic endings.

6. earman's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Shirley MacLaine is a great actress and she absolutely owns this film with her performance as Aurora. This film is a tear jerker but it earns our sympathy with great acting and well developed characters. This film is about the importance of family and a significant other. This film is an emotional roller coaster that has a lot of wisdom in the details.

7. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Terms of Endearment

Oscar surely love tear-jerker movies.

2 Next →