1. mpho3's rating of the film Terraferma

"Crialese is a sentimentalist at heart, but a fine one, and his compassion for the wretched of the earth is thrillingly amped by the movie's ecstatic imagery. Like his neo-realist forebears before him, the director turns everyday activities and furtive acts...into a theater of danger, cruelty and sensual delight." - Ella Taylor, NPR. It may be heavy-handed but feels powerfully real.

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Terraferma

A humane film that explores the plight of the fleeing refugees alongside the plight of the islanders who also find themselves without a place in the modern economy. The issues are only augmented by the tourism from the peninsula. I would love to see more films like this!

3. J0NS's rating of the film Terraferma

4. Diderot's rating of the film Terraferma

Filippo is approximately-but-not-yet Visconti material and a few pimples away from Pasolini stock: all-in-all, not a bad movie.

5. Edgar Echeverría's rating of the film Terraferma

6. Riccardo Maffioli's rating of the film Terraferma

Un bel film...sicuramente da vedere.

7. Alex Gonçalves's rating of the film Terraferma

Beautifully photographed and with a protagonist with unpredictable actions. The actress Timnit T. (who never did a movie before) has a great performance.

8. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Terraferma

9. Sihaya's rating of the film Terraferma

Film potente, per immagini, storia e bravura degli attori.

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Terraferma

a 7/10, a KVIFF viewing, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/last-film-i-saw-terraferma/

11. David Slotema's rating of the film Terraferma

Although some images were nice I was not too blown away by how the film was shot. I had the feeling the subject needed more depth. The immense sadness of the situation was portrayed rather lightly which caused me to be never really be drawn into the movie. Overall it was not too bad.

12. Rio Johan's rating of the film Terraferma

Far from a really good film about fisherman, or even about illegal immigrant. But Terraforman gave an intresting portrayal about how volatile the human law is. There are so much flaws on this film, and I alse feel that it didn't gave the topic that much justice. But I quite like how this film challenge me into a moral ambiguity.

13. Matt Richards's rating of the film Terraferma

Italy's official best foreign submission is quite a clever look at 'illegal' immigration by setting the film on an island forced to move with the times from fishing to tourism to earn it's money. It's also getting it's share of unwanted 'boat people'. It's a stark visual contrast that works well for the most part and the cinematography is both fresh and inventive. 3.5 stars.

14. Mattia 5's rating of the film Terraferma

It's not Crialese greatest movie, however it's fabolous. Even if sometimes this film is a bit rhetorical, overall Crialese shows his capability in represent difficult stories with grace and softness. Furthermore some shots are really extraordinary. I'm already waiting for him next project.