1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Nordic Noir. A Danish cop has a nervous breakdown and is sent to a small village. Murder and mayhem ensue, with just a little bit of Hotel California. It has Kim Bodnia, who is totally money. Always. He's in the white cowboy hat.

2. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Oh those crime obsessed Danes! The plot is standard noir, but told with great style. The kinetic and melodrama camera work against the dry and nicely underplayed performances creates a really nifty and stylish film. Director Genz has created a primer for contemporary noir. I've seen it twice and first enjoyed the plot then savored the style.

3. Haley's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Slowly paced, but oddly gripping and compelling.

4. muse_x's rating of the film Terribly Happy

5. SueRay's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Good movie to watch alone!

6. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Cohen Bros' uncanny humors fans: don't miss it!!

7. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film Terribly Happy

8. Vinod Narayan's rating of the film Terribly Happy

dark with a slice of disturbing humor.. I liked it

9. Violins By Night's rating of the film Terribly Happy

10. dominique s.'s rating of the film Terribly Happy

I didn't expect to like this so much. The small town attitude was spot on. Everyone knows everyone else's business, but doesn't want anyone to get involved. Jakob Cedergren was great.

11. KafkaesqueKyle's rating of the film Terribly Happy

My friend and I named our band after this movie two years before any of us ever saw it. I watched it here on Mubi a couple days ago, and was quite relieved that we didn't name ourselves after an awful film. If we did, we'd be called The Norbits.

12. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Unique, strange, gripping movie. Understated intensity sustained throughout. Psychologically as disturbing as anything you'll see but done without Hollywood-style emotional excess or stupid sub-plots. Directed brilliantly, great cinematography. Captures those northern European flatlands beautifully.

13. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film Terribly Happy

The Cohen bros and Lynch influences aside, this film is meant to be read as an allegory about Danish society: The town doctor, priest, grocery store owner, and policeman in an unholy alliance of normalcy that covers up for murder.

14. Lord Goldfinch's rating of the film Terribly Happy

A very realistic plot that keeps you on edge for what is next. The little girl roaming town with a baby stroller was a great feature.

15. vjeternik's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Not that good. Reminded me of a shadow of a shadow of several much better Scandinavian films.

16. Daniel Montiel's rating of the film Terribly Happy

I love the original and surprising way the plot unfolded, with its subtly dark humour and oppressive atmosphere. It just kept me guessing, thinking and looking forward to the next scene every time.

17. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Very good darkly humorous Danish "fish out of water" film. As often mentioned by reviewers it has a Coen Brothers feel to it - the better Coen Brothers films.

18. Stanco's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Lo mejor para mí sin duda de la película es el cambio de giro que tiene.

19. Laika's rating of the film Terribly Happy

Something about it didn't quite get there, but as the reviews say: as a black comedy, it's really entertaining. Plus, Jakob Cedergren is fantastic.

20. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film Terribly Happy

very much reminds me of Coen's Blood Simple !