1. José Neves's rating of the film Texasville

35mm, rewatched. "it's no use worrying about Time/ but we did have a few tricks up our sleeves/ and turned some sharp corners" (Frank O' Hara) It's so sad Timothy Bottoms aging, from a crystalline beauty to this alienated entrainment - although it's in him that the ruins of time find its visions. The magnificence of Bogdanovich's dialogues, relapses of an almost screwball...

2. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Texasville

Such a non movie. I know the Last Picture Show didn't have a plot, but at least it builds; this doesn't. It's too episodic and erratic to really get invested into anything. There's a mood of confusion and monotony in this movie, largely due to Dwayne's character, but it doesn't make for a good movie. I did find it interesting that in LPS, it was mainly Sonny's movie and this was Dwayne's movie.

3. Jake Mulligan's rating of the film Texasville

I'd love a source for the director's cut, it was released on laserdisc and never again... is it floating around ANYWHERE? I'd gladly pay for a source.

4. Howard Orr's rating of the film Texasville

Paradoxically, "The Last Picture Show" was the work of a young man: it's bleakness, oddly enough, a burst of unsustainable youthful energy. "Texasville", by contrast, bears the imprints of the disillusionment and compromise of a mature director most of all in its awkwardly comic moments.

5. Michael Voegtlin's rating of the film Texasville

On revisiting Texasville I found it funny, subtle and commanding in equal ways, full of startling and precise emotional touches. Bogdanovich's occasional tendency for farce gets the upper hand only in a few shots. It aged wonderfully.

6. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Texasville

Quite possibly the most underrated movie of the 1990s. A wonderful follow-up to THE LAST PICTURE SHOW. Who knows what people expected, but Bogdanovich offers up a very welcome update on the lives of that film's characters. Jeff Bridges, Cybill Shepherd, Timothy Bottoms and Annie Potts are excellent.